If you were unable to start Sims 3 or another game due to the appearance of the message “Initialization error 0x0175dcbb”, then there are several reasons why this is happening. We will show you the most common ones, and also describe in detail how to fix initialization error 0x0175dcbb in Sims 3 and other games.
What does error 0x0175dcbb mean?
Error 0x0175dcbb means either the absence of a file in one of the OS libraries, or a conflict of files with each other. In the case, for example, with the same Sims 3, the main reason for this problem is the installed mods. However, this error often appears in the absence of the necessary DirectX, Net Framework or NVidia / Radeon library files.
How to fix error 0x0175dcbb
First of all, to fix error 0x0175dcbb if you were unable to start Sims 3, do the following:
- In the directory with the Sims 3 game there is a folder where modifications are stored – packages. Try renaming it, for example, mod or any other name of your choice. Try launching the game – it may or may not help resolve error 0x0175dcbb. If it doesn’t help, delete the folder completely.
- If it doesn’t help, then you need to remove all mods for Sims 3. To do this:
- Open the “Programs and Features” section through the “Start” menu
- Find all mods and add-ons related to Sims 3 and click “Uninstall / Change”
- After removing all modifications, you need to clean the registry. This can be done using CCleaner or any other program that allows you to clean and repair registry files. Launch the program, go to the “Registry” section, click “Search for problems” and after the search is over, click “Fix marked”.
- If after the first two solutions when starting Sims 3 you continue to see error 0x0175dcbb in front of you, then try running the game as administrator and with the antivirus turned off.
- In addition, we recommend that you install / update the drivers for your NVidia or Radeon video card to the latest version. How to do it correctly, read More details about installing NVidia drivers are written here , and about installing Radeon drivers here.
- In rare cases, the error 0x0175dcbb can be caused by corrupted DirectX libraries. To rule out this problem, it is best to uninstall DirectX and reinstall the software. We recommend that you read the guide on how to install DirectX correctly
If you have done everything that is described in the instructions on how to fix the initialization error in The Sims 3 correctly, then the problem should disappear.
Initialization error 0x0175dcbb in other games – general recommendations
Not only does the Sims 3 get error 0x0175dcbb, other games are also affected. To get rid of the problem, do the following:
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Update DirectX
- Update / install Net Framework and Visual C ++ to the latest version from Microsoft official site
- Check your PC for viruses using an antivirus program such as Avast, NOD or any other
- Run the game as administrator
- Add the game or application to the antivirus program exclusion
- If the game has a launcher with the ability to access graphics settings – try changing the graphics settings by disabling anti-aliasing, vertical sync, and so on.
- If there are installed modifications (mods) for the game – remove them
- Reinstall the game after cleaning the registry files with CCleaner. Install the “clean” version of the game, without mods and changes.
With strict adherence to all the above tips, the error 0x0175dcbb when starting almost any game should stop bothering you.