Nowadays, it is very easy to have a smart device, since it has not only become indispensable in your daily life, but it has also become vital when communicating with family, friends or loved ones. If you are concerned about your privacy, you can lock your phone with your fingerprint .
These devices are currently like a complement to a person, so their security is essential, even more so when they evolve to include different ways to protect them.
Index of contents
What are fingerprint readers?
We are always looking for the right closure system and we often ask ourselves, which one is the best? Among many tools out there are fingerprint readers. They work with a sensor built into the hardware that can scan the owner’s fingerprint by simply putting a finger on it.
Now they offer more support for their capture, making it easier to lock and unlock the terminal . If you want to apply it, this article will teach you how to configure it step by step so that you have even more security.
Steps to lock my Smartphone screen with a fingerprint
Do you have a mobile device and you don’t know how to configure it to activate the fingerprint unlocking system? Don’t worry, in this section we will show you how you can do it on your device with Android or iOS system. You can also learn to do it in an easier and safer way by simply following the following steps.
1- For Android devices
This configuration may vary thanks to the different models that exist today. However, you are going to observe a method that will work for you on most Android phones.
- Go to the menuof your mobile device.
- Go to ” Settings” or go to ” Tools “.
- Locate the option ” Lock screen settings” or ” Security and privacy “.
You should bear in mind that this may vary depending on the version and the hardware (device) you have.
- Entering the ” Security” section , you will see several of the classic blocking options, such as: ” Slide “.
- Perhaps you can see everything on the home screen or you will even have to enter the ” lock screen“.
- It only remains to follow the steps that are asked of you. Well, you will be asked to create a pattern or key so that you have a backup of your information.
- Next, you have to enter your fingerprintand, after a few seconds, it will be activated.
If you want, you can add an additional method during unlocking, such as a photo key, a PIN or a key for greater security.
2- For iPhone phone
You should know that with this method you can protect the Apps, the gallery and the messages. In the same way, with the recognition of Apple’s Touch ID , you can make online purchases, you only need to activate the option in the system management and grant access to applications such as the App Store, Apple Play and iTunes Store.
In particular, up to 3 different fingerprints can be added for each user, this is for greater simplicity and convenience since the position of the detector may be different depending on your iPhone. Next we will explain step by step how to lock your iOS device with your fingerprint.
- Before performing the process, the iPhone operating system will ask you to create a code.
- The most important thing is to make sure that the start button and the finger are clean and dry so that the process runs efficiently and there are no errors when reading it.
- Next, you will have to go to the iOS menu.
- Go to Settingsand look for the screen lock option .
- If you want to activate ” Touch ID“, which is the option you are going to select. When you connect, you will be asked for the code you created at the beginning of the steps.
- Choose the option ” Add fingerprint” to capture it.
- Next, you will put the finger you want to register to unlock your mobile device. For this, you must touch the start button without pressing it. It depends on your type of iPhone and the location of the reader.
- You have to keep your finger in this position until you feel a vibration or until it is pointed at you.
- You must repeat this step by placing your finger on the button, although this time slowly so that you can slightly change the position of the stroke of your finger.
- The screen will show you that your finger is adjusting, for this you only have to hold your mobile device as usual to unlock it. Press the home button with your fingertip to complete the setup.
- From there, your iPhone should already be set up to unlock with Touch ID.
- Finally, just touch the main button with your registered finger and it is ready to be unlocked.
Read also: How To Update Candy Crush Saga And Soda: Tips And Simple Steps!
Can I add more fingerprints to lock my phone?
There are situations when unlocking the screen of your smartphone with a fingerprint is not enough to make you feel safe. This is why there are other methods for you to add more than one footprint .
People usually use their thumb for this system, ignoring all the others, but the secret of the sensor that makes them even safer is to play with versatility, that is, you can do a combination with the thumb and index finger of the right hand and left.
Most smartphones are similar in terms of their menus, applications, tools and options, although you must remember that not all contain the same graphical interface, so with this orientation along with your understanding you can make this change.
1- On an Android mobile phone.
- You have to enter the menuof your device.
- Go to ” General settings” and try to find the section ” Security “, ” Lock screen settings ” or ” Privacy “, this will depend, as in many cases, on the mobile and the Android version.
- You will see an option that says ” Fingerprint“.
- When you log in, you will be prompted for a password, which is the confirmation key that you should have created when you activated the fingerprint lock.
- When you log in, you will notice that there is a registered fingerprint, since it was the first one you entered, there should be an option called ” Add fingerprint“.
- That is where they will ask you to register the new one you are going to add. You must follow the steps you did at the beginning, which is to run your finger over the sensor until it is confirmed.
- This will return you to the main window where you should now leave two footprints.
- In case you don’t see the second fingerprint, you have to run the procedure again.
2- On iOS devices.
- Go to the menu of your iPhone.
- Go to ” Settings” and locate the ” Screen lock ” option .
- You must enter the “Touch ID passcode” or the ” fingerprint settings“.
- Next, look for the section that says “Fingerprints or Fingerprinnts.”
- Below, you will see that it says ” Add a footprint“.
- You just have to follow the instructions to add a second ” brand“.
As for locking your mobile with a fingerprint, IPhone gives you the option of adding up to 5 fingerprints. You can change the name of each one to identify them. Also, keep in mind that the more you add, the longer it will take for your device to unlock during the scan .
How to unlock my phone with fingerprint if I have gloves?
Generally this can happen in some countries that have a very low climate, and therefore you have to wear gloves almost all the time, and it is a bit annoying to take them off every time you want to use the phone. However, some companies have created very useful gloves that are used to withstand the cold and continue to use your device without getting rid of them.
However, they have their own drawback and that is that not all gloves have the necessary fabric to be compatible with touch screens. Similarly, the problem arises when you want to unlock with the fingerprint scanner. Although there is a very fascinating way to do it: configure the registry again, but with the gloves on .
If you want to know how to do it, keep reading:
- First, you have to enter the Securitysection of your mobile phone.
- In ” Fingerprint” you have to select and add a new one (* you have to do everything with gloves on).
- Then you will have to configure it with your glove, you should know that this is something very cumbersome, but you still have to do it.
- Once you have completed all the steps, you will have a new fingerprint that you can use with your gloves to help you unlock the device.