There are several new features in Windows 11, but the core remains largely the same. Sure, the Settings page looks different and the user interface is heavily modified, but you can find all the information just like you would in Windows 10. For example, if you want to find the IP address in Windows 11, you can still use Symbol of the system or Settings page. So in this article, we bring you all the ways that you can use to check the IP address on your Windows 11 PC.
Find the IP address in Windows 11 (2021)
Here, we have explained six different ways to find your IP address in Windows 11. For a quick explanation of what an IP (Internet Protocol) address is and the types of IP addresses (IPv4 and IPv6), you can refer to the linked article. You can expand the table below and move on to a relevant method based on your level of expertise.
Method 1: find your IP address through Windows settings
The easiest way to find your IP address on a Windows 11 PC is through the Settings menu. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Open the Windows Settings page from the Start menu or press the ” Win Key + I” Keyboard shortcut in Windows 11 to open it.
- Once you are here, go to the “Network and Internet” section of the left sidebar. Then click on “WiFi”in the right pane if you are connected to a wireless network. If you are using a wired Ethernet connection, click on “Ethernet.”
- Next, click on the name of the Wi Fi Networkyou are currently using on your PC.
- Now scroll down until you find the IPv4 address. That is the local IP address of your Windows 11 PC. There is also the local IPv6 address, but you will rarely need it for local networks.
Method 2: find your IP address using the control panel
While Windows 11 is trying to bring all the Control Panel functions to the Windows settings page, there are still some legacy items left. Well, one of them is networking, which will be useful for this guide.
- First, press the Windows key once, search for “ Control Paneland open it.
- Next, click on ” Network and Internet“.
- After that, open ” Network and Sharing“.
- Here, click on the WiFi access pointthat your PC is connected to. If you are on a wired network, an Ethernet connection will appear.
- In the pop-up window that opens, click on ” Details“.
- Here, find the IPv4 Address. That is the local IP address of your Windows 11 PC.
Method 3: find your IP address through Task Manager in Windows 11
Now if you don’t want to dive into Settings or Control Panel, you can also use Task Manager to find your IP address in Windows 11. Just follow these steps:
- First, open the Task Manager window using the keyboard shortcut ” Win + Shift + Esc” On your Windows 11 computer. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start icon and select “Task Manager” in the context menu.
- Once the Task Manager opens, navigate to the “Performance” Tab.
- Under the “Performance” tab, you should click on “Wi-Fi” or “Ethernet”in the left pane, depending on your Internet connection. In the right pane, you will now see your IPv4 and IPv6 address at the bottom.
That’s it. Now you can use this IP address for whatever you need on your Windows 11 computer.
Method 4: check your IP address using command prompt
Another easy way to check the IP address in Windows 11 is through the command prompt. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key once and type ” cmd” in the Windows search bar. Now, open “Command Prompt”.
- In the command prompt window, type ipconfigand press enter.
- This will generate a long list of information, but you should search for “ Wi-Fi Wireless LAN Adapter“ if you are using Wi-Fi. For Ethernet, look for the entry “Ethernet Adapter”. You will find the IPv4 address, which is the local IP address of your Windows 11 computer, in the appropriate section.
Method 5: Verify your IP address using Windows PowerShell
Similar to the command prompt, advanced users can also rely on PowerShell to find the IP address in Windows 11. And this is what the process looks like:
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key, search for ” Power Shell” and open it.
- Then type Get-NetIPAddressand hit enter.
- Now, look for the ” InterfaceAlias: Wi-Fi” entry. Right above, you will have the IP address of your Windows 11 machine.
Method 6: check your public IP address using Google, third party websites
- One of the best Google search tricks is that you can find your public IP address by typing in a search query. Visit google.com and type ” my ip address“, and hit Enter.
- In the first result, Google will show your public IPv4 address. Some people can get a long string of characters, which is actually the IPv6 address. Whether you get an IPv4 or IPv6 address, well, it depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Please note that this is your public IP address, so please do not share it with anyone.
- Alternatively, you can go to WhatIsMyIPAddress.com (visit website) and it will display the public IP address of your Windows 11 PC along with ISP details.
Six Easy Ways to Find Your IP Address in Windows 11
Here are six easy ways to find the local and public IP addresses of your Windows 11 computer. For most users, the Windows Settings page or Task Manager will provide all the information. However, if you want to learn more about your network, you can find them through the command prompt or Powershell. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you are looking for a way to sync the clipboard between your Android phone and your Windows PC, check out our detailed tutorial. Besides that, you can also change the Power Mode settings in Windows 11 to get the best performance. In case you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below.