Minecraft is an excellent game that allows us to fully exploit our imagination; in fact, it could be described as a big litter box in which we can do whatever we want. That is why it is normal that when creating a shared world to play with friends to share our IP address. If you don’t know how to find and know the IP address of your Minecraft server , here we show you how you can easily do it.
How to Find and Know the IP Address of my Minecraft Server
Unlike other games by which we can connect directly with other players, in Minecraft an IP address is required. If you follow the simple steps that we will give you now, you can play as long as you want with your friends, thanks to the fact that you will know the IP address of the server you use.
How to find the IP address of a Minecraft server?
There is no doubt that Minecraft is one of the most popular and played video games in the world. It has come to captivate, not only children and adolescents, but even some adults who dedicate their lives to creating content about this game. And it is understandable, since it has a lot of wonderful possibilities that allow us to enjoy the game to the fullest .
In fact, one of the most used and most useful options in the game is to be able to connect with other people to play using multiplatform servers. But, in order to use them correctly and allow others to do so as well, it is necessary that we find the IP address and share it with whoever we want.
Now we will show you what steps you should follow to find out what is the IP address of any server that you create in Minecraft easily. We assure you that, if you follow the steps below to the letter, you will obtain excellent results.
How to find the IP address of a Minecraft server from Windows?
If you play Minecraft from a Microsoft Windows computer, it is entirely possible that you will see the IP address in a really easy way. With the help of the following simple steps, you can achieve it. All you have to do is:
- To get started, go to the start menu and choose the “All Programs” option.
- Now, open the file called “Accessories”.
- Then select the “Command Prompt” option.
- Enter the name “ipconfig” in the previously opened “Command Prompt” window, then press “Enter.”
- Doing this will create a network information with all the networks that are connected, so you must bear in mind that several tabs could open.
- Find the connection you want others to use with the Minecraft server in question.
- Now save or write down the IP address found under the name “IPV4 Address” somewhere.
That’s all you have to do! When you have followed these steps, you will get the IP address you need to play by connecting with your friends. Of course, you must remember that, to get the most out of all the game options, it is necessary that you manage to update Minecraft to the latest version . In this way, you will be able to enjoy all the game options much more.
How to IP a Minecraft server from a Mac?
Even if you don’t have a Windows computer, you can also find the IP address of a Minecraft server from a Mac. With very simple steps you can do it. The steps you have to follow to achieve this are:
- Enter the Apple menu to get started.
- Enter the “System Preferences” section from the list of options that appear there.
- In the “Network and internet” part, click on the “Network” icon.
- Now, click on “Show”.
- Choose the connection you want others to use to join your Minecraft server.
- Finally, select the “TCP / IP” tab , where you will find the IP address.
With the help of the tips and steps you have read here, we assure you that you will get excellent results and you will be able to see the IP address of the Minecraft server you want. The game shared with friends is always more enjoyable, even when you open the Router ports to play in Minecraft . That is why we hope that you will be able to obtain the IP address and that you can play with whoever you want and when you prefer.