One of the most used operating systems in the world is Windows, mostly in its latest version. It is natural for this company to sell and distribute said operating system under security , using a product key to use or activate it. But what is a product key and how to find your Windows product key, here we explain it to you.
What is a product key?
A product key is a series of codes that differentiate products that are sold independently or as part of a collection. Mostly these allow the activation of all the functions of said product, because otherwise you will never be able to enjoy its options.
How to find the product key in Windows?
In order to find the Windows product key , you will need a special program or software to find the password, since they are commonly encrypted.
The Software that are commonly used are: Produkey, Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder, both are free, allowing you to find the Windows product key in all its versions.
As a general rule, these collect information from the installation records and present them in a simple and understandable format. In addition, if you use Produkey specifically, you will be able to save the keys of all Microsoft products that you have installed quickly.
How do I get the Windows 10 product key?
Being Windows 10 the most used operating system today, we will concentrate on how to find the product key for it. Of course, it is important to note that the product key is not necessary in this version as it was in the previous ones.
Windows 10 does not require the product key like older versions, but we will still tell you how to find the key.
- If you have purchased a physical or tangible version of Windows you will find the code on the package label.
- The Microsoft company offers technical support to locate the Windows 10 product key .
- If you purchased a digital version of Windows 10 on the internet, that is, without a box, you will receive the product key by mail.
- On the other hand, if you got Windows 10 through a free update, you might have no way of knowing what the product key is. (This case is when you receive the second hand PC).
- Microsoft also allows you to obtain an alternative method to the product key called “digital entitlement”. This license automatically activates the product key on the laptop or desktop PC.
- If you purchased a Windows 10 OS tablet or desktop notebook PC, you can find a certificate of authenticity that contains the product key.
As a suggestion, if you can get your product key, write it down on a notebook or plain paper so you always have it on hand. So this way you can use it whenever you need it when you want to install Windows as an operating system from scratch .
Is the product key required to reinstall Windows 10?
As we explained previously, Windows 10 comes with a “digital license” that automatically examines the series of codes , when you perform a successful installation. In this way Windows 10 is activated without the need to have the product key, of course, in previous versions you will require this key.
How to know if Windows 10 is activated?
As a general rule, the Windows operating system conserves its original sketch so that the configuration of this version is similar to the previous ones.
- Go to the Windows window that appears at the bottom left of the screen.
- Right click on the Windows box, wait for it to open automatically.
- Then a big box with a black background will appear with different functions, press the one that says “System”.
- Then on the left side press the option that says “Start”, there will appear all the components of the system. You will select the option “Update and security”.
- When opening you will be able to see on the left side several functions, select where it says “Activation” and there it will tell you if it is activated under a digital license or you will see a section in which it will say if Windows is activated “Through your organization’s service.
We hope this article clears your doubts, so stay active with Windows 10 updates and make the most of it on your PC.