Today we are going to see how to find and access the .minecraft folder in a very easy way . All the game files are stored in this folder, so if you want to add textures or mods, you must do it from here.
How to Find and Access the .minecraft Folder Very Easy!
The .minecraft folder is the one created by default and the one used by the game to function. In this folder we will find all the files that the game needs to work: texture pack, music, sounds, .jar files, mods, created worlds, saved games, maps , etc.
Having access to this folder is important for many things, among which the most interesting thing is to add new modifications created by other users, texture packages and graphic improvements , among other things.
Many users complain that they cannot access it or that, directly, they do not know where it is. That is why we are going to see in this simple tutorial, two methods so that you can find the Minecraft folder .
Finding it is extremely simple, it is generally always located in the same place. However, for some reason you may not be able to find it with the first method. So we leave you the second that has no chance of failing.
In this way you will get access to the folder in question and you can quickly modify everything you need to leave the game as you like . You will simply have to follow the steps that we are going to leave a little below.
Where is the .minecraft folder located
- On Windows, the folder is usually always at % appdata% \. Minecraft
- The way to enter this folder is by pressing “Start” and then typing “Run” and press enter.
- Next, you will have to write ” % appdata% \. Minecraft ” without the quotes.
In case you can’t find the folder this way. Do not worry because there is another method to find the folder of this great game. We will see this method a little further down.
How to find the .minecraft folder step by step
- To find the Minecraft folder, we are going to open the game launcher and log in .
- When we access it, we can see that at the bottom there is a button that says “Options” on the left side. We click on this.
- In this section we are going to find a large number of options that we can modify. But the only one that interests us is the one that says “ Resource Package ”.
- Here we are going to see all the resource packs, this section is to add different designs for all the textures of the game.
- But what we really need to do is click on ” Open Folder ” located in the lower left corner of the screen.
In this way we will be able to enter the .minecraft folder. Likewise, if you want to have quick access to it and not have to depend on opening the game, this can be done in a simple way.
- To do this we simply right click on .minecraft and then select “Copy”.
- Next, we go to the desktop and right click on an empty space.
- In this drop-down menu we will have to select ” Paste shortcut “.
- After this every time we double click on the shortcut, we can access the .minecraft folder in a simple and fast way.
As you can see, this tutorial is too simple and you already know two methods to access this folder. However, if you still have any kind of doubt or question, you can leave it in the comments section which you can find a little further down and we will be happy to help you as much as possible.