Next, we are going to see how to activate the offline function of Outlook.com in a very simple way and in a few steps.
Outlook has many interesting tricks to improve our experience by making use of it. Sending and receiving emails is something very basic that serves to describe the service, although it has other very striking advantages.
Did you know that you can use Outlook without an internet connection ? This way you can continue working as usual and once you reconnect to the network you can send all the emails you had planned.
This is extremely positive, especially for those who travel a lot and want to save time preparing the emails to send. In this way you can prepare them, save them and when you have connection send them without any kind of problem.
A little further down we are going to see how to activate this function and you will see that it is extremely easy to do so. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes for all the information to be downloaded to your computer and you can use Outlook without an internet connection.
Enable offline feature of Outlook.com
- The first thing we should do is go to the Outlook.com website .
- After this we will log in as we would generally with our username and password.
- Once the session is started, we will go to the cogwheel icon which is in the upper right corner of the screen and a menu will be displayed.
- In this menu we are going to go to the option that says ” Offline Configuration “.
- A confirmation message appears which we will have to accept in order to continue.
- After this, Outlook tells us that the data will be saved on the computer. In case you share the PC with other people, the ideal would be not to activate this mode , since anyone could have access to our passwords and information.
- At the end it warns us that you will need storage space to download all the emails, save all the information of our account. So it may take a while in this regard depending precisely on the amount of information you have to download.
How to use the offline feature of Outlook
The offline function of Outlook allows us to access our emails without the need to be connected to the internet . This comes in handy when we are traveling with a laptop or in similar situations where we know that we will not have an internet connection, we can continue working without any kind of problem.
In short we can do almost everything we would normally do when we are working with an internet connection. From preparing emails, editing contacts, viewing and editing the calendar, etc. The only thing we cannot do is search for specific emails and we will be able to see the main calendar.
Another small detail that you should take into account is that you can see up to 150 emails saved on your computer . No more of that. In case you want to prepare emails while you are offline, once you are connected to the internet again, the account will be updated to be able to send the emails you prepared.
It is quite a pleasant experience, something very comfortable for many situations. In this way, even being offline, you can continue working normally until you get to a place where you can connect to the internet to be able to send all the emails.
Remember that if you have any kind of problem or doubt about how to enable the offline function of Outlook . You can leave it in the comment box that you can appreciate a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything you need.