how to close Instagram from your computer and much more.
How to close Instagram from your computer
As you know, Instagram is an application designed to be used as a social network and a means of communication through a simple process that consists of sharing photos, videos and more.
Under normal circumstances, users spend a large part of their daily lives creating content of their choice, which they upload to the platform and share with all their subscribers (so named by the same application).
Due to this fact, many times the session is usually started on different devices and when it ends, it only decides to close the application without properly terminating the session, so that it remains open on the devices.
This situation poses a serious threat to the security and privacy of the user, especially if the devices through which you access Instagram are not your property.
You may have noticed this small detail while using your computer, and you have certainly asked yourself a specific question: How to log out of Instagram from a PC?
Don’t worry, because you’re in the right place, we’ll explain step by step everything you need to do to end a session from these types of devices.
Log off the computer
- First, go to the Instagram website in a trusted browser (in which you left your account running). Once inside the platform, click on the icon at the top right, which you usually use to enter your profile.
- Select a gear that redirects you to page setup options. All you have to do is click “Close Session”.
Ready! how to close an instagram account from your computer in just two easy steps. This technique only works with an account open on this computer; if you signed in to a mobile device, it will remain open on that device.
You can confirm the information we have provided by entering the following link on Facebook, where you can also resolve any doubts regarding this platform.
Sign out of your mobile device
- First, open the Instagram application and enter your profile by clicking on the icon that appears at the bottom right of the screen, whose shape is similar to a person’s silhouette (animated doll).
- Once you are in your profile, you need to select the three horizontal lines that appear at the top right. When the menu appears, select “Settings”.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find an option called “End Session” accompanied by the name of your user account, touch it.
- Another thing you need to do is decide whether or not you want Instagram to remember your login details. To do this, choose between “Not now” or “Remember”.
- Finally, select “Logout” to complete the process. It is important to clarify that, as in the previous case, in this method, you end the session only on the device on which you are performing it, and not all devices on which you have an account.
Log out of Instagram on all devices
Now that you know how to close an Instagram account on a mobile device or computer, it’s time to learn it, but in this case, it will affect all devices.
In other words, we will tell you the procedure you need to do so that all the accounts you have opened on your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone that you have forgotten can be closed in a very simple way.
To protect your data and private content from potential vulnerabilities, it is recommended that you do not have multiple open sessions on devices that you do not trust. If this is the case and you want to reverse this situation, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram, if you have not started a session on the device from which you want to perform this process, start it as usual with your username and password.
- Enter your profile and go to the application settings. When the configuration options appear, click or tap in the Security section.
- Then click on “Password”, where you will be asked to enter the current password and then the new password you want to implement, you must enter it twice (the second time for verification).
- If you have completed all the previous steps, all your Instagram sessions will be closed regardless of the device on which you opened them.
You have probably realized this, how to log out of Instagram from a mobile phone from a PC, it is possible, as otherwise, to change the password of your account.
What happens when you perform this action is that when Instagram registers a new login key, it will ask for the same on all devices where you enter your account.
Improve account security
One of the best tips we can give you to improve the security of your Instagram account is to avoid logging in to devices that don’t belong to you and leave them open on them.
Ideally, only devices that are truly yours would be selected so that your session is logged in continuously, if you wish.
On the other hand, if you decide to change your password, have a password ready that is not easy to crack. Avoid using personal information that is easy to guess, such as your birthday or your mother’s name.
Similarly, updating your password from time to time without having to log in to multiple devices could provide your account with a higher level of security against possible hacker attacks.