The TikTok application is one of the social networks that has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. This application allows you to create and share short videos from 3 to 15 seconds or from 30 to 60 seconds.
If you want to start generating content in this application, you should take advantage of many of the tools that this platform offers. One of the functions that you can take advantage of is to create and edit videos with effects on TikTok. If you use effects in your videos you can customize them to your liking.
- What do time effects do when editing a video?
- Where are the effects that modify the time of the video?
- How to choose and apply a time effect on TikTok?
- To invest
- put in slow motion
- How to apply the chosen effect to a part of the video?
What do time effects do when editing a video?
One of the great attractions of this application is that it offers a large number of film-like effects . The effects allow you to give a creative touch to your videos . One of the most used types of effects to edit videos are time effects. This type of effect makes the time of a video can be lengthened. It is a factor that you must take into account when editing your video.
Where are the effects that modify the time of the video?
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Sign in to your TikTok account .
- Once you are inside the application, you will have to press the + icon to create a new video.
- You can also select an existing video from your smartphone gallery.
- At the bottom you will have to press the “Effects” buttonthat is located to the left of the record button.
- Then, at the bottom of your screen, you will be able to navigate to the effects menu.
- In the effects menu you can see various effects and filters available on the platform.
- Click to the right of the effect menu and you will find the “Time” option.
- Press the “Time” optionand you will be able to see the options available for this type of effect.
How to choose and apply a time effect on TikTok?
Once you enter the TikTok effects menu , in the time section you will find the reverse, repeat and slow motion effects . Each effect is different from one another, so the effect you are going to apply will depend on the type of video you are editing. Once you are in the time effect section, you only have to select some of the options that are available on the platform.
The flip effect on a TikTok video will automatically apply to the entire timeline of your video. This is because it is not possible to reverse just part of the video. This effect will not generate any change in the original time that your video has. When you apply the flip effect your video will be displayed facing the opposite direction.
The repeat effect is usually one of the most used by users when editing videos to highlight some specific part of a video. This effect can be used anywhere in your video . You only have to select the part where you want to apply it and it will be applied automatically. It is important to keep in mind that applying this effect will lengthen the original time of your video. Also, once you apply this effect, only the part you have selected will be repeated.
put in slow motion
In slow motion effect, it is commonly used to create comedy videos. This effect can also be used anywhere in your video’s timeline. To use it you just have to select the area or part where you want to apply it . Once you have selected it, it will be applied automatically. By applying this effect, the time of your video can be lengthened depending on the amount of time you have marked.
How to apply the chosen effect to a part of the video?
- Once you click on the “Time” option, from the effect menu. A red bar willautomatically appear on the timeline of your video.
- To apply the effect you must first move the color bar part of the video where you want to apply any of the time effects.
- Once the color bar is in the required location, you just have to press one of the effects shown there.
- You will be able to see how the effect is displayed when you press the play button.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you just have to go to the top and click on the “Save” button. Then the changes will be automatically applied to the video.