Microsoft Word contains useful tools for the academic field. In this sense, a worksheet fulfills the mission of organizing investigative information to access it quickly. If you wonder how to easily make worksheets in Word step by step ?, this article will be very useful for you.
How to easily make worksheets in Word step by step?
When developing a research work , it is convenient to organize the sources that serve as support for a specific topic. For this reason, worksheets are widely used in order to archive documentary information.
Next, we explain everything you need to know about the job ticket and a simple procedure to create this tool from Word. Remember that you can use the best keyboard shortcuts in Word in order to work faster and get your file in no time.
What is a job ticket?
A worksheet or electronic file is a tool for presenting information about the sources of a specific research work. Generally, a worksheet contains the name of the author, the title, the number of pages where the information appears, the subject, the date and additional data of the publication (publisher, volume, among others)
Who can create a work date?
In the workplace, job cards are created by a person responsible for handling a large number of documents in a company. The writer must maintain direct and clear contact with the staff of the other areas in order to access the products and information.
However, in the academic field , the worksheet must be prepared by the researcher who knows perfectly the sources to which he has resorted to support his scientific work.
What is a job form for?
A worksheet is used to compile or summarize the contents of the sources used in an investigation. In addition, it facilitates labor actions because it allows reporting the relevant activities that occur in any organization.
How to make a job form?
A worksheet requires the researcher to dedicate a little time to organize accurate information that will be reflected in this useful tool. Next, we present the actions you must follow to build a job ticket.
- Define and organize the information: First, you must define what information the file will contain. For this reason, it is necessary to inquire about the published editions of a specific source, be it a textbook, an online document or a magazine.
- Identify the name of the author, the title of his work and additional information: You must write the name of the author and the title of his work, specifying that there is no error when identifying the source and its creator . In addition, it is necessary to establish the publisher and the number of pages that contain the information that served as a source for the research work.
- Set the date: It is very important to specify the date on which the job ticket is made. This refers to the moment when the search was carried out.
Procedure to make a worksheet in Word – Step by step
- Step 1. Open the Microsoft Word application. You can also use Microsoft Office online if you don’t have this office suite on your PC. Then look for the option “Page Layout.” Click on “Size” and choose “Letter” or “Letter.”
- Step 2. Once you have chosen the size, the window will be reduced to the size of a tile. Then, you must go to the toolbar and change the orientation to “Landscape”.
- Step 3. Write the content of the card in which you can include a scientific fact, the interpretation of a work or the meaning of a word to create a vocabulary. In this step, you can customize the style of the text if you wish.
- Step 4. Edit the job ticket changing the font, its size and highlighting the text according to your preferences. In this sense, you need to format the text in Word .
- Step 5. Save the job ticket on your hard drive giving it a name that identifies this document