Google Maps is a very useful and practical tool. It has countless functions that make your trips more enjoyable, such as knowing the time it will take to get somewhere or calculating the shortest way to get there. However, in this article we will focus on one of its many functions; We will teach you how to draw lines, shapes or routes on Google Maps step by step .
How to draw lines, shapes or routes on Google Maps
If you are planning a trip, regardless of whether it is long, short or planning to travel to another country, this application is your ideal option. With Google Maps, you can create a route , from the place of departure, to the place of arrival, you can even see where the tourist places are. Something that will enrich your tourism experience will be to activate and use augmented reality when navigating on Google Maps .
But if what you want is a hiking route, to travel on foot or by bicycle, this application has Google My Maps. This application, which you can download to your Android device, will allow you to make the most of the maps and even customize the trails you want to travel.
One of the advantages of Google My Maps is that it allows you to create or modify the maps that we find on the internet. You will be able to customize it, locating places and saving them on the map, even add location points, also get directions and make movements within the map.
But how to achieve this with the Google My Maps application, in a practical and simple way, then follow these steps:
- First, you will need to download the Google My Maps application on your electronic device.
- Then you will have to select “Add + icon” and give it a name and if you want add a description to the map. (You can add a maximum of 10,000 sites, shapes or lines to the map).
- At the bottom right, you can select the option “Add”, there you can assign a point to a place, where you want to carry out an activity.
- Then you must drag the map, until you get the X to reach the place you want, and then you can choose that location .
- Give the place the name you want and choose a layer, which can have up to 2,000 shapes, places and lines. When you have chosen it, select accept and the route you have planned will be ready.
When your custom map is ready, you can print it directly from Google Maps so you have it physically, in case it is.
Change or delete a shape, line or route on your map
If you want to modify the map, eliminate some points , lines or shapes, because the Google My Maps application gives you that option. But how to do it? Well, we invite you to follow these practical steps to achieve it, and in this way know how to change what you want from your personalized map.
- On your electronic device open the Google My Maps application .
- Then select your custom map.
- After this touch the shape or line that you want to delete or change.
- Select the “Edit” option.
- Modify the name or other information you want.
- Choose, “redraw a line” and then select “Edit” .
- Or if you want to delete, click “Delete shape or line” and press “Delete” again.
- After you have made the changes that are convenient for you, select “Done.”
Another option you have at your disposal is to edit your maps by placing pins or markers on Google Maps . Thus, you will mark your places of interest.
Get directions to follow a route
With the Google Maps application you can get directions for routes , to travel by public transport, car, bicycle or walking. If you have different routes, the most ideal and reliable option will always be the one drawn on the blue line.
Lines that may appear as additional routes will appear on the map in gray, but always try to follow the main one.
On the other hand, for those long trips in which the data is so valuable, something that can help you is to use Google Maps Offline without having an Internet connection .
Remember, it is always important to travel with caution to protect yourself and those who travel with you, wherever you may go. Therefore, we hope that you can draw lines, shapes or routes on Google Maps that will help guide you on your travels.