Facebook allows you to download your Facebook Messenger conversations from the web, so that you can keep them safely stored and you can consult them whenever you want from a computer or mobile phone, a process that will not take too long.
Although they should not be lost if you do not lose access to your Facebook account, you probably want to heal your health and have a special chat with a family member, partner or friend stored, so that you can consult it without having to enter Facebook Messenger.
If you have a computer at hand and an Internet connection, this process can be done in a few moments and that is because Facebook facilitates this possibility , since you can also download all the information that Facebook has about you .
To download your chats from Facebook Messenger, follow these steps:
- Open your computer’s browser and log in with your Facebook data. Within Facebook, click on the arrow icon that appears next to your photo, in the upper right, and enter “settings and privacy / settings”.
- In the left column click on “your Facebook information” .
- Next, enter the “view” option where it says “download your information.”
- Now what you have to do is click on the option “unmark all” and mark only the option called “messages”, which is the second from the top, in this way we will only download the messages generated by Facebook Messenger.
- Next, choose the date range you want to get the conversations from, you can leave it as is or you can choose the dates yourself. The boxes for quality of multimedia content and format can be left as they are.
- Finally, click on “create file” and you will have to wait a few seconds or minutes, time that will depend on how big the file is.
- To download it, you just have to click on the bell icon at the top and click where it says “your Facebook information file is ready to download.”
- You will enter a new window where you have to click on “download” so that the compressed file that contains your Facebook Messenger conversations can be downloaded to your computer. If it asks for your Facebook password, write it down.
And voila, in a few seconds you will get a compressed file that you will have to unzip that contains your chats from this messaging application in HTML format, so it will open in a browser and are classified by users so that you can find them better.
Although they may seem like many steps, when you do them you will realize that they are fast and with little difficulty and you will be able to get your Facebook Messenger conversations in a few seconds to download them to your computer and keep them in a safe place.