Learning how to download DTT apps on my Samsung SmartTV in the coming days may be the only way you can continue watching TV.
And as of February 14, we will no longer be able to watch channels other than HD definition on our television . Therefore, in the event that for whatever reason you cannot tune in to high definition channels on your television, the only way you will have to continue watching TV as before will be to download applications for it.
Luckily, if your TV is smart you will always have the option to watch your favorite channels over the Internet without too many complications.
Steps to download DTT apps on my Samsung SmartTV
If you want to download DTT apps on your Samsung SmartTV, the main steps you must follow are those explained below:
- On your TV remote control, press the Home button.
- In the menu that will appear below, go to apps.
- Press the magnifying glass icon and search for the name of the application you want to download.
- In the search results, click on the application you want to install.
- On the app-specific information page, tap Install.
Once the app has been installed, the Open and Add to Start options will appear . If we click on Open the app will open directly, while if we click on Add to home a shortcut will be created so you can find the app more easily.
The process to download DTT apps on my Samsung SmartTV is exactly the same as installing any other application .
Applications to watch DTT channels on my Samsung SmartTV
Now that you know how to download DTT apps on your Samsung SmartTV, you are interested in knowing in which applications you will be able to watch your favorite channels . Below we show you what you will need to watch practically all the channels:
- RTVE Play: In this application you can access all Spanish television channels, from 1 and 2 to Clan, Teledeporte or 24 hours. In addition, it also has a large number of à la carte contents that can be very interesting.
- Atreplayer: You will need this application to watch Antena 3, La Sexta, Neox or Nova. Although it has a paid subscription, this is to watch additional content, but the live broadcast of the different channels is completely free.
- Mitele: The Mitele app offers you the possibility of watching all Mediaset channels, such as Telecinco, Cuatro, Divinity, Boing or FDF. In addition, you will also be able to watch on demand many of the contents broadcast on these channels.
Will I have problems watching TV on my Samsung SmartTV?
Although we have explained how to download DTT apps on your Samsung SmartTV, it is most likely that you will still be able to watch TV as before. And the blackout on February 14 only applies to channels that do not broadcast in HD . And most televisions that have been sold in recent years have no problems tuning into high-definition channels. Taking into account that most SmartTVs are relatively new, it is normal that if you have a smart TV you will not have problems when watching TV.
If your TV has the option to tune to HD but you can’t find your favorite channels, you probably just need to reorder the channels to put the HD channels at the top so you can still find them easily.
If you have a very old television, you may have problems and can only continue watching the different channels over the Internet.