Dividing partitions is something that every computer user should try, as it offers many advantages in relation to the management of our information. For this reason, today we will teach you how to partition partitions in AOMEI Partition Assistant easily .
A hard disk partition is the logical division that is given to a storage unit. In other words, a hard disk can have several partitions, which will make our system appear as different units.
The use of partitions is useful, for example, it is possible to have the operating system in a specific partition and the personal files in another. In this way, in case you need to format, you can specify the process only for that logical drive of the operating system, protecting your personal information .
In the same way, the use of partitions is especially useful to maintain a proper order in our system and, fortunately, it is possible to make or create partitions in AOMEI Partition Assistant easily .
AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant is an application designed for managing hard drives and partitions. Hence, it is possible to create, delete and even restore or recover a partition in AOMEI Partition Assistant .
Some of the advantages of this popular program lie in its ease of use and ability to perform multiple operations. Without a doubt, it is one of the most recommended applications in the event that you plan to manage your operating system, creating or dividing partitions.
How to divide partitions in AOMEI Partition Assistant easily
Dividing partitions using the AOMEI Partition Assistant application is a fairly simple process, in any case if you have questions regarding it, we recommend that you read the following guide carefully.
Split partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant
- The first thing you should do is open the AOMEI Partition Assistant application , once you are inside the App, the different hard drives and partitions installed in the system will be displayed.
- Locate the hard drive you want to work on.
- To access the partition partition options, click on the unit you will be working with and then go to the section “Partition operations” , here you will find “Divide partition”, click on this option.
- The wizard to divide the partition will be displayed on the screen, it will have two ways to do it, one is through the graph and the other is specifically indicating the size for each partition. Configure both partitions to your liking, establishing the size you want each one to have. When completing these configurations, click on “OK”.
- After finishing with the configuration options, go to the upper left part of the screen where you will find the “Apply” button, click on it. The operations will be displayed on the screen, just click on the “Proceed” option.
- Quite possibly the application will ask for a confirmation to restart the hard drive, the only thing you will have to do is grant said permission, clicking on “Yes”.
- After the above operations, the partition division process will begin, wait until it completes. When you have finished, click on the “Accept” option .
Aspects to consider
Partitioning our hard drives is very useful in different circumstances, in any case you must take into account some aspects before starting the process.
- Do not partition hard drives that are too full: While it is possible to partition or partition AOMEI Partition without losing a single file, it is best to partition hard drives that are empty or not completely full. Also, you can choose to erase or delete partitions in AOMEI Partition Assistant whenever necessary.
- Analyze the space well for each drive: when making a partition, it is best to analyze the storage that you will require for each partition, in this way you will not be short in the event that you require more space.