The opposition to the new OS is questionable, if you look at it. Innovations are not always perceived with a bang by those who have ancient computers or those who have a lame Internet. And the software giant cannot do without unsuccessful patches.
Note: The best nettops: TOP-5 models in which everything is perfect
Disable Windows 10 Updates via Service Manager
In any “ten” there are those responsible for updating “on the machine”. You won’t be able to delete them, since Windows is a bundle of interconnected services. To restrict the actions of the service responsible for the updates, you need to take seven steps.
- Click Win + R, type services.msc in the displayed window.
- Scroll down the list that appears to “Center. updated. “
- Open the desired one with a double tap.
- We stop and disable the service.
- Go to the “Login” tab.
- We select the guest account, remove the old password, and save the changes.
- Go to the “Recovery” tab and select the settings in which you do not need to do anything in case of failures.
After the next reboot, Windows will try to resume the service, but it will not be possible to update with the rights of the guest account. This could conclude the article, but the Microsoft operating system has the ability to bend its own line, to bypass, in their opinion, our unreasonable actions.
On the one hand, Microsoft does not prohibit deactivating the car. I will update, on the other hand – in every possible way restrains this impulse by imposing the necessary patches. Therefore, customizing the Update Center is one of the methods in an attempt to get rid of the innovations of the tenth Windows.
Read: How to Remove Ads from Computer: 5 Popular Cleaners
Disable updates through the Local Group Policy Editor (LGP)
Group Policy Adjustment facilitates the adjustment of prof. version of Windows for your Wishlist. After activating the RLGP, a control option appears, from which you can:
- block / unblock user access to attachments and their settings;
- do not give access to the control panel, hide some of its elements;
- block access to external drives, etc.;
- reassign key combinations and more.
To resort to editing local policies is another solution to the issue of disabling Windows 10 updates that have set the teeth on edge. To turn off auto-installation of patches, you need to:
- click Win + R;
- follow the standard: PC Configuration → Admin Templates → Windows Components;
- tap “Update Center”;
- double-click on the right in the window to open “Auto update settings.”
Further, two options are possible:
- If you need to disable updates.
Select “Disable” in the main menu of the window that appears → confirm the selection by clicking “Apply” → and “OK”.
- Alternative option – manual update
It is suitable for users who do not want to completely disable updates. They, for example, are annoyed that the procedure starts at the wrong time. For example, a person turns off the computer in the office at the end of the working day, and the system suggests waiting for the update to complete, which may take 15 minutes.
To reconfigure the PC for manual update:
- select “Enable”, and in the settings, below click on the second item → “Download notifications …”;
- when something new appears on Microsoft servers, the user will receive a message about it, and he will be able to install the update when convenient.
Informative article: How to set a timer to shutdown your Windows 10 computer: 6 best methods
How to disable Windows update using the registry
The previous method for disabling patches is only suitable for professional Windows. It is not suitable for home variations. In order to get rid of annoying updates, you shouldn’t connect the Pro version. Better to try the first option with the service manager and / or tinker a little with the registry:
- Clamping Win + R.
- We go to the system registry using regedit, then to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows.
- Add the WindowsUpdate section to the Windows folder and create the AU section.
- Add a thirty-two-bit DWORD parameter to it, entering the name NoAutoUpdate. We assign the value 1.
There are also early files on the internet for editing the registry to shut down the machine. transformation. Here is one of them:
A reg file is a text document with a set of data that is entered into the registry when it is run. To view the contents in it, open the file using Notepad – the simplest text. Windows editor.
Interesting article: Why the system unit beeps: decoding PC signals on 3 types of BIOS
Disable OS updates via Task Scheduler
It happens that users have been sitting in Windows for years, not suspecting that they can schedule tasks in the operating system. This service, when responding to specific events (triggers), performs the specified actions. The trigger can be computer loading, prophylaxis at the appointed time, incorrect functioning of components, etc. Without configuring the scheduler, it will not be possible to disable updates of capricious Windows 10 forever, since at its request the system will return the parameters of the services on which the updates depend to their original state.
Algorithm for blocking updates in the scheduler:
- As always, we start with the Win + the R.
- We enter taskschd.msc.
- Go to the Scheduler Library \ Microsoft \ Windows \ UpdateOrchestrator folder.
- Disable everything in it where “Update” is mentioned in the names.
The above methods do not always help. The system is trying to update itself in every possible way. If she succeeds by hook or by crook, it remains to use third-party software that specializes in blocking updates.
Programs to disable Windows updates
In the confrontation with updates without progs to block the natural tenth update, Windows will not cope in any way. The problem can be solved by resorting to highly specialized software or broad-spectrum batch utilities. Such programs:
- make changes to the register;
- include rules in the firewall that prevent PCs from connecting to Microsoft servers;
- stop the services responsible for updates and the corresponding scheduler tasks.
Some utilities solve the problem radically: they delete the system files and directories involved in the update. Proven options:
|O&O ShutUp10||+||+||+||You can disable|
|telemetry and others|
|Win Updates||+||+||+||Laconic program|
|disable / enable|
|4 system services|
These programs are easy to manage.
- In the first case, you need to set the 2 switches responsible for updating the system to the red position.
- In the second – on the “Disable” tab, select “Disable update …” and click “Apply”. If the program asks to restart the computer, it makes sense to meet her halfway. For security reasons, it is advisable to make a system restore point before using such software.
In the final part of the article, we will list the features related to Windows updates. The user can:
- Leave the default settings and sometimes have the latest patches from Microsoft.
- Turn off auto updates. To resort to updates “handles” or not to install “new” patches at all.
- Do not allow some new things.
To implement the third point, you can download the Microsoft Show or Hide update application.