In the case that you are a Windows 10 user, you have surely noticed that Microsoft’s antimalware service significantly affects the performance of our computer. That is why we have decided to make a small guide with which you will learn how to deactivate the Service Executable antimalware in Windows 10 .
Although this antivirus software is in charge of keeping our computer protected against malware attack, it is common for it to remain active even after having neutralized the threats, to the point that it becomes difficult to minimize it to continue with our daily tasks. Later we will show you how you can deactivate it without any problem. Although you should know that it is not the only way to free up and optimize RAM memory in Windows 10 .
Disable Windows 10 Antimalware Service Executable from Registry Editor
- Press the “Windows + R” keys and you will see a new window appear. In this you must write the word “regedit” and then click on the “OK” option .
- Find the folder named “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and open it.
- Right click on the «Windows Defender» folder, select the «New» option and finally click on «DWORD»
- To finish you must select the “DWORD” folder that we just created, then select the “DisableAntiSpyware” option and reset the value to 1.
If you are not comfortable using the registry editor, then you can opt for the command prompt. If you are not familiar with this tool either, in another article we explain what it is, what it is for and how to use the CMD command prompt .
- To do this, you must also press the “Windows + X” keys and in this way the Wind + X menu will open.
- Then you must select the option “Command Prompt” or “PoweShell” that are in this menu that we just opened.
- Then, when the command prompt opens, you must type “REG ADD” to run the following command “hklmsoftwarepoliciesmicrosoftwindows defender” / v DisableAntiSpyware / t REG_DWORD / d 1 / f “
- Windows Defender will then be disabled immediately .
- In the case that you have advanced knowledge in the field of computing, we recommend that you try this method, since it is much faster than the previous one.
How to disable Windows Defender with Group Policy Editor
- Press the “Windows + R” keys at the same time. Then type “gpedit.msc” and hit enter.
- In this way we will start the group policy editor . You should also keep in mind that this option is not available in the startup versions of Windows 10, but thanks to a little trick that we will teach you later, you will see that it is possible to do so.
- Now, in the panel that is on the left side of the screen, look for “Computer Configuration” , then “Administrative Templates”, “Windows Components”, “Windows Defender Antivirus and finally” Real-time protection “.
- Then you have to click on the option that says “Deactivate real-time protection” which is located in the right part of the window.
- Next you must select the “Activated” option and then click on the “Apply” option and finally select the “OK” option for the changes to be saved successfully.
- Upon completion of this process, Windows Defender and Antimalware Service Executable will be disabled.
- On the other hand, we must emphasize that with this method the antivirus protection for the computer will be deactivated, which will expose our personal information. For this reason we recommend that you use this method as something temporary and not permanent .
Disable Windows Defender to disable the Antimaleware Service
- First of all you have to press “Windows key + I” to open the “Settings” application.
- Then you have to go to the ” Update and security ” tab .
- Now, in the menu on the left side of the screen, click on the option «Windows Defender.
- To continue select “Open Windows Defender Security Center”, which is located in the right part of the window.
- Then you will see that a new window appears in which you must select the option “Protection against viruses and threats”
- To continue, click on the option «Protection settings against viruses and threats»
- Finally, deactivate the “Real-time protection” and in this way Windows Defender will be disabled, therefore we will not have to worry about the Antimalware Service Executable.
It is good that you know that you can improve performance even more in Windows 10 by taking a series of simple measures.