In fact, according to an analysis by w3techs.com, 95% of the current pages use this language and many of them do not have an alternative version that works without these scripts.
This is why the execution of content in this language is activated by default in all browsers. If you want to disable it, whether for security or other reasons, keep in mind that the vast majority of the pages you visit will not show much of their content. What’s more, you probably wo n’t even be able to navigate properly through the webs .
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots (Plus) located in the upper right corner. Then select “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and Security” section and select the “Website Settings” option.
Another option is to block web pages in Google Chrome that you do not want any member of your family to access.
- After accessing the browser, select the icon of the three parallel bars (Menu) located in the upper right corner.
- Click on “Options”. Then click on “Content”.
- Finally, close the configuration page to save the changes.
- In Firefox, go to the following page: “about: config”. If this is the first time you access it, you will get a warning. Uncheck the box so that the notice does not appear again and confirm that you accept the risks.
- If you wish to activate it again, repeat the same process and click “Modify”.
- Enter the browser and click on the “Preferences” option.
- Select “Security”.
- Close the configuration tab to save the changes.