Today we are going to see how to disable the synchronization of device applications in Windows 10 in an extremely simple way and especially in a few steps.
An interesting feature that Windows 10 has is the ability to sync applications between devices. In this way we can start a job on the computer and then resume it comfortably on a tablet that has Windows 10 and the same account.
It can be very useful, although for some people it may even be annoying. Whatever the case, we are going to see a little below what we must do to deactivate the synchronization of applications between devices.
This feature can be found from the Windows 10 settings menu , it is found in shared experiences and is enabled by default in the operating system. However, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to leave it activated, since we can quickly disable it in a matter of minutes.
The good thing is that we have two methods to do it. One of them is precisely from the Windows configuration which, possibly, for most, would be the easiest method. However, we can also do it from the same Windows registry.
So we are going to investigate both methods so that there is no doubt, decide which of them is best for you. But the end result will be the same. You will have the synchronization of applications completely disabled between devices.
Disable app syncing between devices in Windows 10
- The first thing we should do is go to start, you can press the button on the lower left with the Windows logo or the ” Windows ” key on your physical keyboard.
- Then click on the gear wheel icon which is on the left side.
- A ” Windows Settings ” window opens . Here you will have to click on ” System “.
- We go to the configuration window, in the left sidebar you will have to look for the section “ Shared experiences ”.
- In this section we are going to find the settings that we need to modify. What we have to do is look at the ” Share between devices ” section and deactivate this option by pressing the switch.
What this option does is that the apps that we have between mobile devices, tablets and computers are synchronized. It can be completely disabled by moving the switch so that it is gray and disabled.
How to disable app syncing from the Windows registry
- In case you want to deactivate the apps from the Windows registry it can also be done and it is actually quite easy.
- All we have to do is press start and type ” regedit ” then press enter.
- Next, you will see that the Windows registry opens and we will have to navigate through the left sidebar to the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ CDP
- In this section we will find the following values: CdpSessionUserAuthzPolicy, NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy and RomeSdkChannelUserAuthzPolicy . In case these do not appear, what we must do is create new 32-bit DWORD values , obviously they must have the mentioned names.
- The value must be 0 in the case of the first two. While in the last one the value should be 1 .
As you can see whether you do it from the same Windows options or from its registry. It is too easy to disable application synchronization between devices with this operating system.
Likewise, if you still have any questions about how to disable synchronization between devices that have Windows 10 . You can leave it in the comment box which you will find a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything that is necessary.