Although automatic maintenance in Windows 10 is beneficial in many cases, sometimes it is convenient to disable it. This is why we will teach you How to disable or remove automatic maintenance in Windows 10 .
Are you having problems related to Windows 10 automatic maintenance? Don’t worry, there are several methods with which you can deactivate it without any problem. Read the following information and learn about this utility that you should know about.
Windows 10 automatic maintenance
Like previous versions, Windows 10 has an automatic maintenance system , which will run daily to fulfill various tasks related to controlling the computer. The truth is that this function is made to maintain the stability of the computer.
In any case, although many times it is positive, on other occasions it can present a problem, and although it is always more advisable to change the time for general maintenance , you should also know how to completely disable this function. Through the following tutorial we will teach you how to do it very easily.
How to disable or remove automatic maintenance in Windows 10
On certain occasions, deactivating the automatic maintenance of the equipment within Windows 10 is necessary. There are several ways to do it and today we will teach the simplest and most practical.
Through the control panel
Undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to remove automatic maintenance is through the control panel. Through the Windows control panel it is possible to make many configurations and also those related to the maintenance of the equipment, read the following guide to learn how to do it.
- This method is quite simple, the first thing you should do is go to “Control Panel”, you can access it very easily by clicking on the Start and searching for it through the search options.
- Once you have located the “Control Panel” press on it to access the system configuration options. There you should look for the section “Safety and maintenance”.
- The safety and maintenance section will show all the maintenance and care options for your equipment, you must locate the “Maintenance” tab once you find it, press on it.
- The “Automatic maintenance” section should be displayed below it on the right side is the “Change maintenance settings” option .
- As you can see, in this place there is an hour, in which the moment in which the automatic maintenance will start will be chosen. There is no option to disable maintenance from here, in any case if there is a functional hack.
- The only thing you will have to do is select a time when you do not use your computer , this way the automatic maintenance will not run. Similarly, we recommend disabling the box “Allow scheduled maintenance to reactivate the equipment at the scheduled time.”
On the other hand, after making the relevant configurations, it would be very convenient to block the Windows 10 control panel so that no one makes future modifications.
Through the system registry
In case the above option is not enough for you, you can also enable maintenance disablement by editing the Regedit logs . It is a fairly simple process that you can do in the following way.
- You should go to the “Run” application , which you can locate through the start menu or by pressing it with vibration of the “Windows + R” keys.
- When you open the application, run, type the following “Regedit”, in this way you will enter the “Registry Editor” , a space in which many factors related to programs and the system can be changed.
- This time it will be necessary to go to a folder, specifically it must go to \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Schedule \ Maintenance.
- Once it is there, it is necessary to create a new key, for this, right-click on the contents of the folder, then click on “New” and then on “DWORD Value (32 bits)” .
- Change the name of the value created by “MaintenanceDisabled” and double click on it, in the “Value information” section put the number “1” and then click on the option “Accept”.
For additional information, note that Windows provides multiple organization, maintenance, and functionality options. This is the case of programming the automatic shutdown and on of the PC , something that can be useful to protect the equipment.