You have a digital blog and you want to insert or design labels as a visual representation in a list of items, and improve your web page. And you want to know how to design these labels, because here we show you how to do it step by step and without any inconvenience. Of course you can use Illustrator to put together your website correctly so that you can create your tag cloud with the CSS program easily.
What are CSS tags on a web page?
Tag clouds consist of a varied list of links that may change in size and weight. In addition, also depending on the attribute that is possible to measure, you can change its color, of course everything is done under programming codes to modify the CSS style of a template on your Web page.
However, most of these tag clouds are designed based on the popularity generated by pages with the same tag. Claro are also created from the items that have a list on the website in two different ways.
For example, you can create or edit a tag list and connect it to an HTML web page with an Access database . Of course this is an initial idea of how to do it, but how to create the web page, we will explain it later.
- You can design a List S in alphabetical order, according to the popularity of S on the web.
- Based on the list of websites, that have a style that marks the popularity of the S.
- Have a list of web creators in order, based on price and the relationship between publishers who have a pre-established set of criteria.
- You can also draw on the styles in the list of the closeness in distance from your friends home.
What do you need to design a tag cloud with CSS?
You may wonder if it is complicated or very difficult to design a tag cloud on your website, but it is not. Two main things are required to make your website have a tag cloud , here we tell you what they are:
- You should have a list of items like, websites.
- Have a measure of ranking of the elements, for example, the most viewed pages and their visit level, if it is from 1 to 10.
With the Dreamweaver application you can insert tables into the web page as a tag cloud. Or change the theme of your tagged web browser using CSS easily.
Steps to build a popular link tag cloud
If you have a website, you will recognize that it has a daily visitor amount and this is an easy metric. This visit metric will allow you to have hierarchy when designing the tag cloud that will keep users on your web page. Also, by making a fancy CSS header on your web page , you can maintain your status on the internet.
- Evaluate the level you want in your hierarchy.
- To avoid the tediousness of having too many hierarchy levels, less than 10 levels is recommended. This is to avoid that the coding does not become difficult to read in the program that we use, such as CSS.
- Evaluate the cut points you want for each level.
- Cut the most viewed pages per day of your website, as follows 90-100, 80-90, 70-80 and so on.
- You should have a list of the articles that have been seen the most on your page.
- Once you list them, you must give it a rank that is among the 10 mentioned in step 2.
- If you have any element in the label slots, don’t worry, this makes the cloud more interesting.
- Order the list you have in alphabetical order or also the order that you prefer.
- You must compose an HTML for the web page with Microsoft Publisher to maintain the class number range.
We hope this guide allows you to make CSS tag cloud design didactic and easy for your web page.