Office 365 is a very popular online office automation service from Microsoft. It allows you to create, access and share documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, among others. It is widely used by small and large businesses, even in homes. Office 365. offers other options. Today we will teach you how to create, delete or restrict security groups in Office 365.
Create, delete, or restrict security groups security groups in Office 365
Creating security groups in Office 365 , has the purpose of offering in a cross way, to all services, an instrument in which elements of collaboration are shared for a group of people; such as: share OneNote documents, calendars, conversations, and notebook.
Keep in mind that only global administrators and user administrator in Office 365 are allowed to create, delete or restrict security groups . If that’s the case and you want to create a security group, do the following:
Open Office 365 in the admin center and go to the Group or Groups page. There you must select ‘Add a group’. Then on the page you must choose a group type, select ‘Security’. Now you just have to complete the steps to create the group, which are detailed below:
- Name: This name will be visible to all users.
- Group ID: This is the identification of the group that will be created through the name of the group without special characters. However, you can change it by selecting the pencil symbol next to it.
- Description: This is visible when searching for a group or receiving a notification.
- Notification language: This option is the language in which you will receive notification messages.
- Subscribe members to receive notifications: This option sends an email to all members of the group.
Add members to the security group
Once the security group is created, you must add the members that will make up that group. To do this, follow the following steps:
- On the group page select the name of the security group and then on the members tab choose ‘View all and manage members’.
- In the group section , select « Add members «, choose the name of the person you want to add or you can write their name and then select ‘Save’.
Edit security groups
- Access the administration center, then the group page . There you must select the name of the group . In ‘Settings’ choose the ‘General’ tab or the one that says ‘Members’.
- You can edit the details or members of the security group. In addition, you can change the group’s image, change the name, description, language and the options that come by default. After making the changes, select ‘Save’.
Delete security groups in Office 365
As an Office 365 administrator member , whether global or user, you are allowed to delete security groups created by other users. To remove them, perform the following steps:
- Go to the administration center and then to the Groups or Groups page . Once there, select the name of the group you want to delete.
- Then select ‘Delete group’, then confirm by clicking on ‘Delete’. Once the group is removed, click on ‘Close’.
Office 365 is an excellent tool for small and large businesses, even for homes. If you are an administrator in Office 365 you can create, delete or restrict security groups . As you can see, doing it is a very simple process, just follow the steps we describe in this article.
We hope this publication has been useful and practical for you, write us your comments and share this information with your family and friends.