The design of blogs and web pages has been an important activity when shaping informational or entertainment platforms , so knowing the tools offered by some companies is of the utmost importance.
WordPress, the first recommendation
In this sense, one of the platforms that stands out the most in terms of the design and structuring of web pages has been WordPress . So, whether you want to start learning how to use its tools or, having knowledge, you want to expand it, this article is ideal for you.
Why use WordPress?
The positive impact that WordPress has had on the digital plane is thanks to the large number of tools for web design , as well as an interface that is extremely easy to use. If you need reasons to use this tool, here are a few:
- Being an open source software, it is constantly updated to improve its interface and tools, in addition to implementing many others for optimization thanks to thousands of developers.
- Customizable, so you can give a touch that identifies you to your pages.
- Do you want to position yourself in search engines? So WordPress is the perfect tool, being the best content manager.
The presence of the links
One of the elements that stand out the most in the designs of different web platforms are those that allow you to move to other sites almost instantly . In the past, when you started designing web pages , this task could be daunting, but, fortunately, the advances have had a great impact.
Email, YouTube channels , social media… anything you can think of. You can include all this on your page in a very simple way … do you dare to try it?
Even the links have benefited from the development of new tools in terms of web design, since it allows them to have a better aesthetic to be included in the platforms.
Such has been their positive evolution that, today, they are customizable according to your tastes and preferences , in terms of location, texture, size, color, font, among others. If you want to learn how to customize links for your website, keep reading!
How to create custom links in WordPress menu?
The menu is the perfect location to contain a certain amount of links, so that each person who visits your blog or website can access the different platforms that are of interest to you to include , and of interest to explore.
So, how can you include custom links in this sector of your page? It might surprise you how enormously easy it is. To get started, head over to the WordPress Ribbon located on the left side of your screen and follow the prompts below:
- Go to the “Appearance” section.
- Click on the “Menus” section.
- Scroll down the page that will appear on your screen until you find the ” Add items to menu ” box.
- In the aforementioned box, you will be able to see a section called ” Personalized links “, on which you will click.
- A menu with two fields will be displayed, to which you will supply the URL information and the link text.
- Copy and paste the address of the web page you want in the ” URL ” field and, later, indicate the name of the link in the “Link text” section.
- Click on “Add to menu.”
You already have your personalized link!
Once you have completed these simple steps, the custom link will be added to the WordPress menu. On the right side of the box, you will have the menu structure to change the location of the personalized link with respect to other pages , according to your preferences and needs, ordering it in the way that suits you best.
All that remains is to click on ” Save menu ” and contemplate the changes made to your web page, verifying that it works correctly.
Start editing the WordPress menu with this incredible tool
Very simple, right? Now that you know something new about WordPress tools to find the ideal design for your website, it’s time to put all that knowledge into practice.