Windows Phone 7 has quickly become a household name and has a huge collection of apps on its MarketPlace.Application development has tremendous potential in the smartphone industry. Most of us think about developing an application at some point, but for lack of coding skills give up the idea of developing applications.
But now anyone can create applications that don’t write a single line of code either (no surprise). A site called Appmakr lets you develop content apps for Windows Phone 7 without writing any code. And the best part is that it’s completely free !
You need to install Silverlight if you want to test how your app will look on a Windows Phone 7 phone, but this is not a requirement to create an app using Appmakr.
As an example, below are the steps to create an RSS feed based application for Windows Phone 7:
- Login to your Appmakr account. If you don’t have one, you can do it here . It’s free.
- Click Create New Application.
- A new page will open. Scroll down the page and select Windows Phone MashUp.
- Enter the URL of theblog or website for which you want to develop an RSS feed application and click Create Application . Appmakr will then search for content that can be used in your application. This process usually takes less than 10 seconds.
- You will now be redirected to the Application Managerwhere you can customize your application. Here you can select the Application Name, Icon and Screensaver of your choice.
- Click Tabs. Since we are building an application based on an RSS feed, we need to select the RSS and Atom feedsoffered by the respective website.
- Click Configure. Download thedesired header image , and change the Appearance , in accordance with their needs.
- Enter Application Informationsuch as Title, Description , etc.
- If you want to display adsin your application, you can monetizeyour application by choosing the required tariff plan.
- Click Publish. This will show the AQI(Application Quality Index) of your application. If you have completed all the steps successfully, the Create Application option will be available . Otherwise, an error will be displayed that you will have to fix in order to build your application.
- Usually in 5-6 minutes .xap package ofyour application becomes available for download.
To save all changes, click the “Save” button at all stages.
You can also check out this post on how to register, submit, sell your Windows Phone apps on MarketPlace.