The security of our documents, photos, files and others is something that we all take into account when protecting them, that is why we are allowed to create users with a password in our Windows, this so that only those people who have the password can access , thus preventing anyone from having access to our most precious documents. But what if you don’t know how to create a user account in your Windows? In this guide we will show you very easily and simply how to do it.
- How to create a local user account on my Windows?
- What should I do to create an administrator account in Windows?
- How do I add more people who can use my administrator account?
- How do I add security questions to my Windows accounts?
- How to reset my Windows accounts if they use my passwords?
- Format computer
How to create a local user account on my Windows?
When we format our Windows computer and it starts up for the first time, we will be asked to create a user , we also have the option to use a test user. If we want to create a new local user, we have to do it with the Windows settings, to do this, we must follow a series of steps shown below:
- On our Windows desktop, we have to look for an option that says “Add, edit or remove other people”, this option is found in the start button, from the system configuration.
- A window opens, in which we have to click where it says “Add another person to this team”.
- A new Microsoft account window will open, in it we will be asked for the name of who is going to use that account and a password, in addition to asking us to place 3 security questions.
- Once we fill in all the requested data, we have to click on the next button, as a consequence, a new local user will be created for us.
Something worth mentioning is that the Windows operating system allows us to log in automatically without entering the password , which can be a good option when logging into local user accounts.
What should I do to create an administrator account in Windows?
Windows administrator accounts are generally granted by Microsoft when installing the Windows 10 operating system for the first time , in addition to this, it is recommended to have our Windows permanently activated and updated to create a new administrator account, that said, we must follow one series of steps shown below:
- In the Windows search engine, we type the following option: “Add, edit or remove other people”, in the new window that appears, we have to click on the option that says “Add another person to this team”.
- We fill in the data in the same way as the previous method and press the “next” button.
- Once the new account is created, we position ourselves on it and click, then click where it says “change the type of account”.
- A new window will open, in which our user is set to standard by default, we have to click there and change the user to administrator, finally we press the accept button and our account will become administrator.
How do I add more people who can use my administrator account?
If we want one or more people to use our administrator account in Windows 10, we have 2 options , on the one hand we can create another account and assign it to the other person, while on the other hand we can give the password of our administrator account, it which has its risks.
If we have problems with the creation and recovery of our Windows account, it is best to contact Microsoft technical support , which will help you solve the problem as soon as possible.
How do I add security questions to my Windows accounts?
This is a process that is carried out from the Windows configuration and that requires that our user has a password , if not, it is necessary that we put one. With this in mind, we just have to follow the steps shown below:
- Enter the Windows settings from the start button, then we go to the accounts section.
- A window opens, we have to go to the section of the login options, consecutively, we look for the option that says “Password”.
- If our Windows account does not have one, it is time for us to create an account and press the accept button.
- It is at this point that a new option appears in the password options, which is “Update security questions”.
- In this option, we are allowed to add a total of 3 security questions, which we have to choose to our liking and place the answer, at the end of this process, we press the finish button.
How to reset my Windows accounts if they use my passwords?
For these cases, it is recommended that you change the password of your Windows user immediately, this to avoid possible theft of data or personal information, for this we must follow some steps, which are shown below:
- From the configuration of our Windows, we go to the accounts section, then we go to the login options section, this is located on the left side of the screen.
- We look for the password option, there we can see a button that says “Change”, then we place our current password and the new password that we want to establish in our account.
- Finally, we press the accept button to apply the changes, it is recommended to put a long password that is not easy to learn.
This is a very extreme measure and not highly recommended , since by formatting our computer, we will lose all our data, users, information and others, this unless we make a backup of our Windows and recover our data again.