Photoshop is a program for editing multimedia content such as images and photographs. It was developed by the Adobe systems corporation and its translation into Spanish is the Adobe systems corporation. This type of program was considered a pioneer in the field of graphic publishing . So much so that most of these platforms are called “Photoshop”.
The program was launched on the market in mid-2012 and since then later versions have been developed that contain improvements according to technological advances; and it even became part of a package of graphics programs that are provided by Adobe systems for Windows, Apple and Macintosh operating systems.
Photoshop is one of the most versatile services in terms of image editing , since it allows the incorporation of new aspects to the scene, either in objects, colors and some additional effects. Not counting the innumerable amount of corrective tools that have been included.
How to copy and paste layers, images and selections in Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop has managed to position itself at the top of professional editing , to the point of becoming a crucial tool when undertaking corporate projects. This is because most companies need some logo, image or models that represent themselves.
One of the main virtues of the program is that it allows any user to have access to its platforms for free , although we must point out that there is a “Premium” version that requires payment in exchange for some additional services. However, some people may find it difficult to use Photoshop properly.
This is why there are a series of explanatory videos that the same corporation has arranged for the service of the digital user community. Not counting the countless number of videos that the so-called “youtubers” make explaining a thousand ways to get the most out of their programs.
Steps to copy and paste layers, images, and selections in Photoshop
We can start by saying that one of the main reasons why some people do not get the desired results is because they are unaware of the vast variety of products that they have access to with Adobe Photoshop. Today we explain how to copy and paste images and in turn duplicate the layers and selections.
Copying and pasting images is one of the simplest activities , but at the same time necessary in any graphic editing process. To do this you can follow the following instructions:
- Enter the Adobe Photoshop platform and locate in the image gallery, the one you need to copy and paste.
- Click with the secondary or right click on the option « copy «.
- However! you have the possibility to copy the whole image or select only a portion. If you want to use it fully press control Ctrl + the letter A.
- Then to copy you can press the control keys Ctrl + C and then right click on the section where you want to paste.
- Now, to copy only a portion you must perform the same activity above and after pasting the image. You can select the portion of interest, press the Ctrl + C keys and paste the portion.
To duplicate and select copies the process is different. We clarify that we can duplicate as many layers as we consider necessary , including the background layer. To start:
- First select the image you need to edit and select the “layers” option from the tools panel, then you will find a pop-up box of all the layers available in the image.
- Select the layer you want to duplicate and click on the “more” option in the pop-up box, then click on the layer of interest and add a name to identify it. At the end you just have to click on “ok”.
- If you don’t deserve to add a name, you can drag the layer directly to the layer section, then you must right-click on it and click “duplicate.”
Finally, we hope this article has helped you. Taking into account that Photoshop is one of the best in terms of editing and tools . Since it offers different options that allows you to create any creation in something professional.