The sweet potato is also known as sweet potato or sweet potato. It is a delicious and very nutritious food that should not be missing in any healthy and balanced diet. Among its properties, its high content of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals stands out, which is why we show you in this article how to cook sweet potato for all those who enjoy taking care of themselves.
Baked or fried sweet potato is a delight, so if you want to learn how to prepare easy, delicious and original dishes with this tuber, don’t miss the following recipes. Sit back and take note, let’s get started!
Quick and easy sweet potato recipes
The sweet potato is a very healthy tuber that provides fiber, vitamin C, potassium and calcium to the body, among many other essential vitamins and minerals. Thanks to the following sweet potato recipes you can enjoy all its benefits. Do not miss it!
- Cooked sweet potato
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2g sugar
- 2 g cinnamon
- Wash the sweet potatoes well,as we are going to cook them with the skin, so remove all the dirt from the tuber.
- Prepare a pot with enough water to cover the sweet potatoes and submerge them. Cover the pot and put it on the fire.
- Next, add the sugar and cinnamon, although the latter can be added after cooking.
- Wait for the water to boil and, after 10 minutes, make an incision in the sweet potatoes so that they cook well inside. Leave them on the fire for another 20 minutes.
- After this time, prick the sweet potato with a knife: if it sticks without problems, they will be ready, otherwise, you will have to wait a little longer.
- When they are ready, drain the sweet potatoes well and proceed to peel them. Serve them as you prefer and, if you haven’t added the cinnamon, it will be time to do so.
- Baked sweet potato
Baked sweet potato is a delicious recipe and very easy to prepare. You can present it cut on a plate as if they were French fries and you will only need the following:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Cold water
- 1 teaspoon of curry and another of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Salt, pepper and oil
- First, peel the sweet potato with a knife or a potato peeler. Then cut them into strips like French fries.
- Then, in a bowl with water, add some ice cubes and add the cut sweet potatoes. Let them soak for an hour to clean well and soften.
- After this time, dry the sweet potatoes with the help of a kitchen towel, place them in a bowl and add the cornstarch.
- Next, prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paperso the sweet potatoes don’t stick. Add the curry, sweet pepper, turmeric, and oil.
- Stir well so that all the pieces of sweet potato are impregnated with the different ingredients and place them separately from each other.
- Let it cook for 30 minutesand, once you have the baked sweet potato ready, take it out and add salt to taste.
- Sweet potato in the microwave
This is one of the fastest and easiest sweet potato recipes to prepare, perfect for all those who have little time but do not want to give up enjoying a delicious and healthy dish.
- 1 sweet potato
- Clean the sweet potato welland dry it with a cloth.
- Next, poke holes all over the sweet potato with a knife.
- Then, put the sweet potato in the microwave on maximum power for 10 minutes.
- Take out the sweet potato and check that it is soft. If not, leave it in the microwave for a few more minutes. When it’s done, take it out and peel it.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and drizzle with oil and salt to taste.
- Grilled sweet potato
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 butter spoons
- 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This is another of the healthiest sweet potato recipes, so start by cutting it into cubes and putting them in a saucepan.
- Add all the ingredients to the saucepan and stir until the sweet potatoes change color.
- Next, wrap the sweet potato cubes in foil and put them on the grill.
- You should cook the sweet potato for 30 minutesat a temperature of 190 ºC and turn it every 7 minutes or so.
- When the sweet potato cubes are soft, remove them from the grill and serve them on a plate.
- Fried sweet potato
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and spices to taste
- First of all, to make the fried sweet potato you must peel them.
- Cut them into strips or thin slices. The thinner they are, the faster they will make and the crisper they will be. You can help yourself with a mandolin or a potato peeler.
- Wash the strips or slices in cold water and allow them to dry at room temperature. Meanwhile, heat oil in a spacious skillet and fry the sweet potato chips when hot.
- Remember to put absorbent paper on a plate to remove excess oil when you finish frying them.
- You already have your fried sweet potato, although if you prefer it healthier, remember to cook the sweet potato in the oven. Add a little salt and pepper,a spice like basil or paprika, or serve with a sauce, like honey and mustard. No one will be able to resist!