Through the following guide we will teach you how to convert FAT32 partitions to NTFS in AOMEI Partition , a highly recommended process for all PC users.
A file system refers to the component within operating systems, in charge of the document manager . Currently, there are two well-known types, we refer to FAT32 and NTFS.
Do you know what the FAT32 file system is ? FAT32 refers to File Allocation Table and, as its name suggests, refers to a file system that would see the light of day in 1996. FAT32 is specifically prepared for the Windows 95 operating system.
FAT32 is the evolution of FAT12 (1980) and FAT16 (1986), This brings great improvements in relation to the aforementioned modes, such as the increase in the maximum size of its files, which went from 2 Gb in FAT16 to 4Gb .
In any case, with the passage of time the FAT32 file system presented certain drawbacks, for which it would be almost completely replaced by the more modern NTFS system .
NTFS was released in 1993 and was first shown on the Windows NT 3.1 operating system and was the standard from then on until today. Its standardization is mainly due to the many improvements it has in relation to previous file systems.
Undoubtedly, one of the most interesting novelties is the ability to have files much larger than 4 Gb present in the FAT32 system. In fact, there is no specified limit on the sizes on this file system.
Regarding the maximum size of the logical drive, although it is higher than 256 TB, in practice a maximum of 2 TB drives are recommended .
Which system is more convenient?
Certainly, NTFS is the first recommendation as far as file systems are concerned, since it brings many improvements in relation to FAT32 . In any case, for compatibility reasons, it might often be convenient to use FAT32. For this reason, many users are inclined towards processes such as copying very large files to USB Fat32 without having to format Windows .
Fortunately, there are various applications such as AOMEI Partition, which in addition to converting a drive from one file system to another, allows you to format partitions . To learn this process, we recommend that you read the following guide.
How to Convert FAT32 Partition to NTFS on AOMEI Partition
Converting partitions from FAT32 to NTFS is very convenient, since NTFS represents many improvements over the old FAT32 file system. If you are wondering how to perform this process with the AOMEI Partition application, we recommend that you read this guide carefully:
Convert partitions from FAT32 to NTFS with AOMEI Partition
- The first thing you should do is start AOMEI Partition. After opening it, all the partitions you have installed on your computer will be displayed.
- Locate the one you want to convert from FAT32 to NTFS. Locate the option “Convert from NTFS to FAT32.” Depending on the version of AOMEI Partition you have, you may find the option on a different site.
- Once you have found the option, press on it, after which a small wizard will be displayed on the screen that will guide you through the process. Note that with this option it is possible to convert the file system from NTFS to FAT32 and also vice versa from FAT32 to NTFS.
- In the wizard select the option according to what you need. In this case, it would convert the file system from FAT32 to NTFS and click on “Next”.
- The next screen will display the unit. Verify that it is the one you want to convert and click “Next”.
- Finally, the “Operation confirmation” screen will be displayed . Here, you just have to click on the option “Proceed” and if a warning is displayed, confirm it.
- Now you must wait until the process is finished, the duration of which will depend on the number of files and the capacity of the hard drive or partition. When the process is finished, a warning will be displayed and you will be able to use your hard drive.