Through the following tutorial we will teach you how to convert a .doc file to .docx in Microsoft Word step by step , something that we recommend you to have the most modern version of the documents of this popular program.
What are the .doc and .docx file formats?
The files that we save with the Microsoft Word application are stored in .doc or .docx documents. This distinction is made precisely to be able to easily recognize said files, indicating to the operating system that they are documents from this office suite.
The .doc file does well to make the classic version of Word documents , while .docx is the more modern version of this type of file, providing a few improvements and different outstanding new features.
In any case, understanding the improvements in the documents. docx , it would be best to properly convert them to this newer version. The process can easily be done in a number of ways. In fact, some users prefer to join or combine several Word documents into one, regardless of the version of the office suite they use.
How to convert a .doc file to .docx in Microsoft Word step by step
There are multiple methods that we can use to convert .doc or .docx files. The first one is the use of the Microsoft Word application, which is the most recommended option. Either way, you can also use online tools or create and edit Word documents with an Android phone .
Convert a .doc file to .docx in Word
In case you have a modern version of Microsoft Word, the process of converting .doc files to .docx is quite simple. Anyway, if you have doubts, we have prepared the following guide for you.
- The first thing you should do is open the document in .doc format using Microsoft Word.
- Once you have successfully opened the document, you should go to “Home” or otherwise to the Microsoft Word options button located above and to the left.
- Locate the option “Save as” and click on it, the document saving options will appear on the screen, this is where you can change the format to which your text will be saved.
- At the bottom you will find the “Type” section, here you must select “Word document (* docx), now simply click on the” save “option, after which you will have your document saved in the format of your choice.
In the event that you do not have access to the latest Microsoft Word application, there are other tools that you can use to properly convert Word documents in the .doc to .docx format, to use this method read the following guide.
Use Convertio to convert documents
Convertio is one of the most recommended tools in case you want to convert files. In fact, it works with a large number of different types of documents, with which it is possible to transform audios, videos and many other files very easily.
The Convertio tool works very efficiently, not only to convert from .doc to .docx format in Word but also to convert a Word document to HTML . This process is especially useful for users who manage web pages.
To properly convert Word documents from .doc to .docx format, read the following guide where we will teach you the process step by step:
- Go to the convertio.co website , which is the official page for the Convertio tool.
- At the top left of the screen you will find the “Convert” tab, click on it.
- After the above, all the conversion options provided by the web page will be displayed, here you must select the option “Document Converter”.
- On the screen, you must click on the option “Select the files” after which the platform will ask you to select the file (s) you want to convert to .doc.
- Once the document has been uploaded, click on the “…” located to the right of your document. There you must click on “Document” and select the DOCX option.
- As a last step, choose the “Convert” option and wait until the conversion process is complete. The screen will show “Conversion completed!”, Now you just have to click on “Download” to get your file in .docx format.