Within the world of technology, new tools are emerging that allow you to browse the web or use applications in the safest way possible, optimizing privacy levels so that your experience is much more comforting.
There is a special tool that, for a few years, has been gaining popularity, especially in the field of smartphones.
However, computers are increasingly customizable to provide user experiences similar or superior to those of a Smartphone . Do you want to know what tool it is?
What is a VPN?
The ” Virtual Private Network ” or ” Virtual Private Network ” has become the specialized tool in connecting devices (smartphone or computer) to private networks through the Internet.
In this way, your information will have a high level of security, remaining confidential. For what purpose is this technology used? To access different web pages or applications that you would not normally have access to due to restrictions, for example, location.
Advantages of using a VPN
In addition to the encryption of information and access to resources, pages and applications to which you could have different restrictions for your enjoyment, VPNs are a tool that hide another series of functions that turn out to be simply wonderful. Do you dare to know what they are?
- One of the restrictions that may occur may be due to your location. In this sense, the VPN, in addition to the encryption of information, implements a computer camouflage system , providing a disguise to your IP address and pretending that you are connected to a network in another country.
- It is compatible, practically, with all the web pages and applications that you can use from your computer or smartphone.
- The interface of these tools is usually extremely easy to manipulate , so connecting and disconnecting from a different network will not be a task that takes you too much work.
- In addition to security, it provides privacy. The company that provides you with the internet service will not have access to any type of information about what you are doing on the web. Of course, that information will be available for the VPN platform you use.
Best VPNs for Windows
It was previously mentioned that this type of technology has been very popular within the world of smartphones. However, computer operating systems are implementing tools to optimize the use of this type of technology. Some of the best options in Windows 10 are:
- Popular – TunnelBear : This application offers you a total of 500MB on a monthly basis for you to use on the web platforms or applications you want.
- Lightweight – OperaVPN : If you use the Opera browser, you already have an extension that will allow you to enjoy the advantages of having a VPN in the lightest and easiest way.
- Fast – ProtonVPN : Probably one of the fastest. It emphasizes that, unlike other applications, it does not impose limits on the use of data.
How to create and configure a VPN?
If the applications are not enough for you, Windows 10, fortunately, puts at your disposal a series of tools for the creation and configuration of a virtual private network . How to do it? Simple!
- Log in to your Windows 10 computer as an administrator.
- Enter the “Network Settings”.
- Click on the “Option to add a new VPN”.
- Provides all the information requested by the system.
- After all this, you can access settings related to the proxy and manual input, which you can adjust to your liking.
How to connect to the VPN?
When you have already completed the installation process of a VPN or have taken the necessary steps to create one, what remains is to connect to enjoy the advantages that this technology offers you.
In the case of applications or programs, the procedure is extremely simple. You simply access the VPN interface, select the country from which you want to use the IP address and click on the option to connect.
To connect to a VPN, you must access the connections section of your Windows 10 computer. Once the VPN button is displayed , proceed to activate it and thus establish a connection with the server.