You probably already know that you can connect your PlayStation 4 controller to the PC to play whatever you want if you are familiar with the DualShock of Sony consoles. Platforms such as Steam allow compatibility with this type of controllers to fully adapt to the needs of the players. What you may not know is that its previous version, the PlayStation 3 controller, can also connect to the PC and here we are going to explain how you can do it step by step.
Guide to connect the PlayStation 3 controller to PC
The first thing you should know is that you will need a mini-USB cable to connect your DualShock 3 to the PC. Once you have this type of connector, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Update your controller. Connect the DualShock 3 to the PC using the mini-USB cableand Windows will recognize it and install its drivers.
- Check that the controller has been installed correctly. Open the Command Promptcommand and type driverquery .
- Download and install the latest version of SCP Toolkit.
- Once the program is installed, you will have to open it so that it automatically installsadditional drivers .
- When this process is complete, a new window will open. In it you will have to check all the boxes that appear, especially the one called Force driver installation .
- A drop-down menu will appear named Choos DualShock 3. When you click install and complete the process, you will be able to use your PlayStation 3 controller on PC.
How to fix possible Windows 10 errors with SCP Toolkit
However, Windows 10 can present some problems with the configuration of SCP Toolkit , especially in relation to a controller manufactured by Sony, since its configurations are mainly aimed at the use of Xbox controllers. However, if a problem arises, there is also a solution you can follow . We tell you step by step.
- Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
- Select Update and Securityand, in this menu, the Recovery option .
- After that, click on Advanced Restart.
- Your PC will restart in a different way, allowing you to access a block of options to configure thestartup firmware .
- Click on Troubleshoot. After that, do the same with Advanced Settings and then Start Settings .
- Your PC will restart again and will offer you new options. This time you must select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- After selecting this option, press F7.
- Your PC will restart for the last time and you will now be able to perform the SCP Toolkit reinstallationprocess and follow the steps mentioned above.