Perhaps you are unaware that current generation consoles such as PlayStation 4 allow various options, such as creating a LAN Party to play with your friends without the need for an internet connection. However, not all games allow this option , but there are a good handful of them that do have it, so you can have access to a wide catalog of proposals on the Sony console through a local network and enjoy your games with your friends. But what do you have to do to create this LAN Party on PlayStation 4? We explain it to you in simple steps.
How to connect multiple PS4s to a local network
In order to connect several PlayStation 4 to a local network and be able to be in contact with your friends and enjoy your games without internet, you will have to access external applications and follow the steps indicated below:
- Go to the lanboard.retrogamer website and select the PlayStation 4option .
- Download Discord and install iton your PC.
- Accept theretrogamer permissionsrelated to Discord.
- Go to the settings of your PlayStation 4, select User Guideand then the Run Exploit option .
- Select the settings tab and fill in the data on your PlayStation 4. You will find them in the console’s network settings menu.
- You will have to replace by manual configuration the data that is indicated in landboard.retrogameron your PlayStation 4: the IP address, the mask of your network, the connection port and the first and secondary DNS.
With these six simple steps, your PlayStation 4 will now be ready to connect to a local network and play at a LAN Party with your friends, although some preliminary steps will still be required to enable the full connection. We explain them to you.
- Go back to landboard.retrogamer and in the Lamplay Clientoption , download the one that corresponds to you: Windows or Mac .
- Install and run the programto be downloaded and activate the PlayStation 4 function in it.
- Launch the titleyou want to play with your friends on your PlayStation 4.
- Once in-game, if you have LAN play enabled, you can search for games or create your own.
In this way, you can create LAN games with your friends on PlayStation 4 and enjoy a good number of titles that allow this option on the Sony console.