Next, we are going to see how to clear temporary files or cache of Windows, MacOS and Linux . Since temporary files, duplicates, junk and the cache can deteriorate the performance of our computers. It is important to remove them from time to time.
It is very important that you know how to delete Windows 10 temporary files . They end up consuming a large amount of storage space. Depending on the size of your disk, it may be more or less noticeable.
Whether you want to free up space on your hard drive , improve performance , etc. It is always necessary to delete the temporary files and the cache in order to improve the functioning of the operating system and applications, something similar happens with Android, for example.
Therefore, we are going to see a little below all the methods that exist so that you can leave your computer with Windows, MacOS and Linux in perfect condition. We will do a detailed review of all the options that each of these operating systems have.
Remember that it is highly recommended that every so often (depending on the use of the computer) you clean the cache and duplicate / temporary files to improve the performance of the OS and its applications.
Delete temporary files in Windows
Method 1: Disk Cleanup
- For this we will have to go to ” Start ” or press the ” Windows ” key on the physical keyboard.
- After this we will have to write ” Disk Cleanup “.
- Next, click on ” Disk Cleanup “.
- You have to check the option “Downloaded program files” and “Temporary internet files”. Also choose ” Thumbnails “.
This is a fairly simple way to clean up all the junk and temporary files you have on your hard drive.
Method 2: storage options
- Again we go to ” Start “.
- Next, click on ” Settings ” is the gear-shaped icon on the left.
- Now we go to the ” System ” option .
- Then we will have to click on ” Storage “.
- Click on “This team” usually with the letter C.
- Then go to “Temporary files” and you will have to choose the option ” Remove temporary files “
Method 3: third-party programs
Another option that we can use is to install a program that takes care of all this automatically. There are several reliable ones that do an excellent job. The one we are going to use in this case is ” Mem Reduct “.
After installing it, you will simply have to start it and press “Scan” to optimize your operating system.
Delete duplicate files and Linux cache
The way to delete all temporary files and clear the cache in Linux is quite simple, the only thing you will have to do is the following:
- Type the command ” sudo su “.
- After this you will have to use ” sync && echo 3 “
- Then you will have to type ” / proc / sys / vm / drop_caches “
- Finally, type ” Exit ” to exit.
Delete cache and temporary files on MacOS
Method 1: with the OS options
- We go to ” Finder ” and then click on ” Go “.
- Next, we will have to click on ” Go to the folder “.
- Now you will have to choose the path from which you want to delete the cache. For user cache it would be ” ~ / Library / Caches “. For the browser ” ~ / Library / Logs “. And for the system ” ~ / Library / Logs “.
- Choose the files you want to delete. You can select everything from the edit menu. Then drag everything to the trash and you’re done.
Method 2: using CCleaner
In case you want to do things faster and more automatic, we recommend using the popular CCleaner tool . It is capable of cleaning our Mac after analyzing it in depth to clean its cache and junk files. You can download it from its official website, the application is completely free and totally reliable