How to change your youtube channel name.Changing the name of a channel on Youtube has always been accompanied by the need. The name of the channel on YouTube is a business card by which your content can be easily found. In this post, I will cover the technical details of changing the name of a YouTube channel.
Step-by-step instructions on how to change your nickname on YouTube:
- Go to your channel and click on the logo in the upper right corner
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” item (next to the gear icon, not to be confused with the Creative Studio)
- You will be redirected to your account page, find your channel logo and name on the page. To the right of the name will be the word Change in Google. Click.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can change your first and last name (if your channel is registered as personal) or to a page where you can write a new channel name (if your channel is registered as a brand channel)
How to change your youtube channel name; 2 Methods
Option 1. Changing the name of the channel on the mobile phone
What should be done:
- Launch the Youtube application on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Select the “My Channel” section.
- Then click “Manage”.
- Click on the pencil symbol next to the name.
- Enter a new channel name and click OK.
- Along with this, you can change the avatar and configure other parameters.
Option 2. Changing the name of the channel on the computer
- Open Youtube and click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Go to the “My Channel” section.
- Click on the “Customize Channel View” button.
- The main page of the creative studio will open in a separate window.
- Click the Basics tab.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the current channel name and enter a new one.
- After that, the “Publish” button will become active, by clicking on which the changes will take effect.
Note. It should be borne in mind that if your channel is verified (has a check mark next to the name), after changing the name, it will disappear, and account ownership must be confirmed again. It is allowed to change the name three times every 90 days, so you need to be careful when choosing a new name.As you can see, it is not difficult at all to learn how to change the name of my YouTube channel, it is actually too fast a process and in a matter of a few minutes you will have the name you want on your YT channel.