Although no browser is bad, some have slightly more limited settings or the user wants to use the best web browser and therefore wants to change the default browser. Therefore, here we show you how to change the default browser on your computer.
- How can you find out which is the default browser on your PC?
- What are the advantages of each of the browsers and which one to choose?
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- What procedure should you follow to change the default browser on your PC?
- How can you export the data stored in your old browser to the new one?
How can you find out which is the default browser on your PC?
Due to the operating system configuration, the default browser for Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge , but if you are not very sure, there are two easy ways to check which browser is. The first is to select a random link that is found in a file or within the operating system itself and look at which browser it opens by default, this being the default browser of the device.
The second way to determine which is the default browser, you must enter the computer settings or configuration, then select ‘Applications’ where it says ‘Specific applications’ and check which browser is the default.
What are the advantages of each of the browsers and which one to choose?
There are several browsers, each with a unique appearance and with settings that make them different from each other. Due to these differences between browsers, some users prefer to work with a specific browser, if they still do not know what are the advantages of the main browsers that exist, here we explain them to you.
The features of Microsoft Edge allow it to be very useful for all users, with various advantages such as:
- The interface used by this browser is very practical and intuitive. Easy to use and similar to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- It is an extremely complete browser being used as the default Windows browser, thus having several tools and assistants.
- Your digital assistant is Cortana,which maintains voice control for search functions.
- It allows the customization of the browser, such as modifying the color of the page.
- It maintains a good performance and is quite fast in its searches.
- You can quickly upload files to your cloud, which is OneDrive.
- One of the most significant advantages for students is the reading view, since it eliminates all the advertising that a certain page may have just by selecting the open book icon.
Google Chrome is one of the best known and most used browsers, developed by Google . It can be downloaded on all devices , taking up little space in them and great versatility when working. It has numerous advantages, the main ones being the following:
- The interface it handles is extremely complete, simple, simple, easy to use and minimalist in appearance, being very fluid.
- It is very fast, performs numerous searches in a short time, and a large number of windows and tabs can be opened without collapsing.
- Google Chrome is one of the safest browsers, it even stands up against malicious software.
- It has great adaptability with various devices, in addition to allowing the synchronization of their accounts.
- Quickly translate websites, in some cases doing it automatically.
- It has its own store and manages several extensions where you can find a variety of applications to make the browser much more enjoyable and useful.
- Chrome’s default themes can be customized.
Mozilla Firefox has several advantages over other browsers, such as:
- Lower consumption of RAM memory.
- It is a browser with very good security and offers good protection to your data.
- Its handling is simple, and it also has a platform that can be customized to our liking.
What procedure should you follow to change the default browser on your PC?
You must get into the configuration of our device, if we are in Windows 10, we must select where it says ‘Applications’, there it will appear on the left side of the screen ‘Default applications’ . When we scroll down we will find ‘Web browser’ and there the default browser.
To change it, we just have to click on it and in the menu that has been displayed select the new default browser. On some occasions they may ask us if we are sure to change it, we will click on ‘Yes ‘, immediately changing the browser.
How can you export the data stored in your old browser to the new one?
It is very common that at some point in our life we want to change from one browser to another, the process will depend on the browser that we want to change the information . In the case of Mozilla , we must select the three lines found at the top of the screen on the right side, click on ‘Catalog’, then on ‘Bookmarks’ and at the bottom click on’ Show all markers’. A pop-up window will open where you must choose the option of ‘Import and backup’ and finally ‘Import data from …’ and select the old browser.
For Microsoft Edge, you only have to select the browser menu , click on ‘Settings’, then under ‘Profiles’ you will choose ‘Import favorites from another browser’. The browser that we want to extract less Mozilla will be selected, since they are not compatible. In the case of Google Chrome, this tool is very limited.