Something very common that usually happens when watching videos on YouTube is that the video we are watching is in another language, for this the platform created the subtitles tool , to which the background color can be customized, add subtitles in different languages and lyrics.
This with the purpose of highlighting the text written in some videos. But what if we don’t know how to change the color of the subtitles on YouTube? Keep reading, in this small guide we will show in an easy and simple way how to do it.
- What color options can you change in YouTube subtitles?
- Change the background and font color
- Edit window color
- What is the way to change the color of the subtitles within YouTube?
- From your pc
- From a cell phone with iOS or Android system
What color options can you change in YouTube subtitles?
The YouTube platform offers us several options when it comes to customizing the colors of the subtitles in the videos, this configuration can be done through the options offered by the platform, if you want to know what are all the options that YouTube offers us to the time to change the color of the subtitles, we will show you below.
Change the background and font color
Here we are shown a great variety of styles to customize both the letter and the background color, this so that it can make a good contrast depends on the video we are watching, some of the subtitle styles are shown below:
- Black on white.
- Yellow on blue.
- White on black.
Edit window color
On the other hand, we are also allowed to customize the color of the subtitles window with colors, this is achieved by accessing the “Title Style” option and setting it to custom, since here we are shown a series of parameters a customize such as border type, background opacity, window color and more, offering around 60 colors to choose from. Below are some of the colors that this tool offers:
What is the way to change the color of the subtitles within YouTube?
Now that we know the different alternatives that the YouTube platform offers us when it comes to customizing the colors of the window and the font of the subtitles, we must know how these colors are changed, this is done from the configuration very easily and simply as shown below.
From your pc
- From the browser of our preference, we enter the official YouTube page and log in, it is recommended to have our browser updated to avoid problems with the platform.
- Being inside the platform, we go to the image of our channel and click on it, this is in the upper right corner of the interface.
- We enter the configuration of our channel and go to the section that says “Playback and performance”to activate the subtitles.
- We go to any YouTube video and click on the subtitles button, then we look for the options button, we are shown a series of parameters to customize our subtitles, configure the color of the titles according to your needs and press the button accept to apply the changes.
From a cell phone with iOS or Android system
- We enter the YouTube app from our mobile device, it is recommended to download and update the YouTube app from the latest version of the Google Play Store to avoid problems.
- Being inside the YouTube app, we go to the photo of our channel, this is in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When pressing on it a series of options are shown to us, we have to enter the “Configuration”.
- We are shown a list with several alternatives, we scroll down until we find the “Subtitles” section.
- We proceed to activate them and immediately afterwards, we enter the option that says “Subtitle style”.
- We choose the one that best suits our needs and click on it to apply the changes.
If for any reason you have failures when placing or setting the color of the subtitles on the YouTube platform, we recommend that you contact YouTube’s technical support , currently it has a highly trained staff that will help you to solve your problem as soon as possible, this through future updates of the platform or from emails to your channel.