- 1What is the difference between a nickname and a name?
- 2Nickname requirements
- 3How to change nickname and name
- 1On Android
- 2On iPhone
- 3Via computer
Not every person, having started a page on Instagram, implies the goal of developing a channel for the broad masses and chooses any of the free nicknames without really thinking about its convenience for searching, subsequently this leads to the desire to change it to a more convenient and readable one. Let’s figure out how to change the name on Instagram, as well as determine the difference between nickname and name.
What’s the difference between a nickname and a name?
Although Instagram allows you to change both the nickname and the name shown, they have important differences. The crux of the difference lies in the ability to find the page for other users.
The name is only for informational purposes and allows subscribers to find out more information about the blogger.
It is worth noting that the site does not promote a rigid binding of the profile to the specified nickname and allows you to change it to any of the free ones.
The username requirements are as follows:
- Officially, the minimum number of characters in a nickname is 1 character, but in fact you will never find yourself a free login with a small number of characters. The limit is 30 characters.
- Obligatory writing of letters in Latin, unfortunately, Russian is not supported by the registration system.
- The developers allowed the use of dots and underscores.
How to change nickname and name
Let’s look at ways to change the name and username using mobile operating systems and desktop computers.
- To get started, go to the profile section. To go, click on the thumbnail of your avatar in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the window that appears, we are interested in the ” Edit Profile” button .
- There are 2 lines directly under the function of changing the main image:
- Name– this field allows using the Russian layout. This field is intended to indicate the real name or the name of the company.
- Username– only Latin characters are allowed, it is prohibited to use a login already taken by another user.
- While on the main page of the account, tap on the ” Edit Profile” button .
- We are greeted by 4 fields to fill out. We are interested in the first 2 lines: Name, Username.
- We enter the appropriate data and save the changes.
On a computer, it will be enough to use the official website of the service.
- Go to the site https://www.instagram.com/and click on the profile image in the corner of the screen.
- Next to the gear icon is the ” Edit Profile” button , select it and move on.
- The function we need is right here. It remains to find an original and memorable username and indicate a suitable name.
Now you know how to change your name on Instagram. We recommend choosing a nice and easy-to-remember nickname that allows other users to associate you with it, if necessary. There are often cases when subscribers do not even know the real name of the blogger and remember it only by the specified name.