Next, we are going to see how to change the Google Chrome search engine on Android and in very few steps. Google Chrome has many interesting tricks such as enabling and disabling the offline mode, we can even accelerate the speed of it as much as possible .
It comes with the Google search engine as the default search engine and this is more than evident since Chrome is from Google. It is the most used search engine in the world by far compared to the alternatives.
We cannot deny that most of the time, the results that the internet giant offers us are accurate and excellent, meeting the search needs of each one of us.
However, you are not required to use Google. You can configure any search engine you want . In case you want to obtain different results or for whatever reason.
The process to do it is extremely simple and in a few steps you can use whatever you want: Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo , etc. You will simply have to follow the steps that we leave you below and in a matter of minutes you will have everything configured as you want.
How to change Chrome’s search engine on Android
- On your device you will have to open Chrome.
- After this you will have to press on the three horizontal points that appear at the top right.
- Go to ” Settings ” and in ” Basic Settings ” you will have to go to ” Search ” or ” Search engine ” depends on the version of Chrome.
- Here you will be able to configure the search engine you want. Search engines you recently used will appear as options. However, you can add whatever you want.
- Now you can choose any other search engine other than Google. You have many to choose from like Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo , etc. After saving the changes every time you try to search for something you will go to the new search engine that you configured from the options.
You can change the search engine as many times as you want without any kind of problem.
How to modify the Firefox search engine on Android
In the event that you use Firefox or have it as an alternative browser, we can also change its search engine.
- For this we will have to go to ” Settings ” by clicking on the points that appear on the top right.
- Here we are going to find several sections. The one that interests us says ” Search ” when clicking on it we go to a new page.
- We can see that it says ” Installed search engines ” we can select any of those that are in said list.
- In case the search engine we need is not found, we simply go to where it says ” Add more search providers ” and that’s it.
From that moment on, all searches will be done through the search engine that we choose as we mentioned above.
As you can see, changing the Google Chrome search engine is considerably simple. Something that can be done not only in minutes but as many times as you see fit.
What do we gain by changing the search engine? Basically more privacy . It is known that Google saves the data that is carried out in each of the searches to optimize its ads, have statistics, etc. However, that violates our privacy.
It is best to use a search engine like DuckDuckGo which is trusted and totally private . In this way our searches will be kept private and we will not have to worry about this. Remember that privacy on the internet is extremely important.
If you still have some kind of doubt about this tutorial, you can leave it in the comment box that you will find a little further down.