Canceling your YouTube Premium subscription is much easier than you think, and here are the steps to do it.YouTube is still the world’s number one online video service, even though there are other great alternatives trying to compete with the platform. Its Premium version is a fantastic subscription service that allows you to enjoy all the good things about YouTube with additional benefits, such as an ad-free viewing experience.
However, this is not an option that everyone likes. If you are in this group or simply no longer want to pay for the service, you have come to the right place. Here we will show you how to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription in just a few steps and on multiple devices.
How to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription from the YouTube app
While there are many reasons why you should subscribe to YouTube Premium, if at any point you regret your decision, with just a few taps, you can unsubscribe directly from the YouTube app. This is the only thing you have to do:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android or Apple smartphone.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once there, select Purchases and Memberships.
- Now, click on your premium membership.
- Click on the Deactivate option .
- At this point, you can choose to pause or cancel your subscription. If you want to cancel it, click on the Continue button to execute the action.
- If you wish, indicate the reason why you are canceling your subscription.
- Finally, confirm that you want to cancel YouTube Premium, and that’s it.
How to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription from your browser
If you wish, you can also cancel your YouTube Premium subscription from the web browser of your choice, either from your computer or mobile device. These are the steps you will have to follow to do it:
- Open the browser of your choice from your computer.
- Go to the official YouTube website .
- Then, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Purchases and Memberships.
- Now, in your YouTube Premium subscription, click on the Manage Membership option .
- Select the Disable option.
- Here you will also have the opportunity to decide if you want to pause or cancel your subscription.
- If you really want to cancel it, click the Continue button to say goodbye to your subscription.
- Finally, confirm your decision by clicking Yes, cancel.
How to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription from an iPhone
If you have subscribed to YouTube Premium on your iPhone, you will need to manage this subscription from the device settings. In this case, unfortunately you will not be able to do it in your browser or in the YouTube application, and instead, you must comply with the following steps:
- Open the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Now, click on your Apple ID located at the top of the screen.
- Select the Subscriptions option .
- Then, click on your YouTube Premium subscription .
- Click on the Cancel subscription option .
- Confirm that you really want to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription.
Everything is ready! After canceling your YouTube Premium subscription, you will still be able to enjoy all the benefits until your next billing date. During that period, you can also reactivate your subscription if you regret it along the way.