Google Drive is a great collaboration platform. However, under certain circumstances, you might not want to share files with certain people by allowing everyone on the Internet to access them. This is where the new user blocking feature comes in handy. This allows you to directly block someone on Google Drive.
This is a great security add-on designed to reduce spam, unwanted requests, harassment and give you more control. If you’re wondering how to block someone on Google Drive, here are the steps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and computer.
Before blocking users from Yandex.Disk:
- A blocked user cannot access your documents and vice versa.
- When users are blocked in Drive, they will also be blocked from other Google services and apps, such as Gmail.
- To share recordings with a blocked user, you must first unblock them (as shown later in the article).
How to block people from Google Drive on iPhone and Android
- Open the Google Drive
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the file.
On a Mac, right-click the file.
- On the menu, click Block (Email).
- Finally, click “Block” on the confirmation window.
Note : Google may take some time to process a request to block or unblock a user.
Additional information: If you are using Disk for work or study, you cannot block anyone on your domain.
How to unblock someone in Google Drive on iOS and Android devices
- Open the Google Drive app on your device.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- In this section, click Manage Google Account.
- Then tap People & Sharing.
- While in, select Locked.
- Click the X next to the person’s name to unblock.
So let’s go! This is how you can block and unblock someone on Google Drive on iPhone and Android. While there is currently no direct way to block a person from a single document, I hope this feature will be introduced soon.