Your phone is the best communication tool and ally. So its loss or theft is a real headache.
Unfortunately, no one is exempt from this type of situation, and it is better to know what to do in these cases, to prevent them from using the information that you may contain in it through calls or messages.
How to Block a Stolen Cell Phone by IMEI Totally Free? – Very easy
The IMEI Code
This is nothing more than a unique identification number assigned to your phone . It would be the equivalent of your fingerprint: nobody else has one like it in the whole world.
It is made up of a total of 15 digits . It should be noted that this identification number of your equipment is not related to the telephone company to which you may be subscribed. This number is assigned to your equipment from the moment of its manufacture.
The components of the IMEI code
The structuring of the IMEI code consists of 4 parts to find that total of 15 digits. These sections come to provide highly specific information about your team:
- The first is the Type Allocation Code (TAC), represented by the first six numbers of the code. It would serve to provide sufficient information to identify the country in which the equipment was manufactured.
- The Final Assembly Code (FAC), on the other hand, is made up of just a couple of digits. Sufficient quantity to find the mobile phone manufacturer.
- Meanwhile, the serial number is a set of six digits used to assign the equipment identification.
- Finally, the verification code completes the series of 15 numbers and serves to verify the correct establishment of the identification of your mobile phone.
Know your IMEI Code
You will probably want to have this identifying number of your team on hand, in case these types of situations arise. To know the IMEI code of the device , you just have to follow a series of simple instructions:
- Open the call panel on your mobile phone.
- Dial the code * # 06 # .
- The IMEI code related to your cell phone should appear on your screen immediately.
There are other ways to verify the IMEI code of your phone, although it is much more methodological than the previous one. For this you must:
- Enter the “Settings” section of your cell phone.
- Click on the “About phone” option.
- Enter now in the “Status” section.
- Now you must click on the option “IMEI Information” .
That way, you’ll be able to access your phone’s unique identifying information in an easier but bureaucratic way.
What to do in case of theft or loss?
It is important that you take into account a detail when blocking your mobile phone through the IMEI code.
- It is important that you keep this code in case you have bought the phone in a physical or digital store that is not related to a telephone company, since they could request it at the time of blocking.
- In case of having bought it directly in the offices of a company, they should be able to have the IMEI identification number at the time of your blocking request.
How to lock the phone by IMEI code?
For this, all you have to do is borrow a phone and make a call to the operator of the telephone company your team is affiliated with, provide the required information and in a matter of minutes you will be blocked.
What are the consequences of the blockade?
It should be noted that : in this way, your phone will be disabled to make calls and send messages. But whoever has it, can still access the content of your phone: contacts, photos, etc. So it is important that you keep your phone protected by PIN or password patterns.
Similarly, if you recover the phone , you could make another call to the phone company to request the unlocking of your cell phone.
Safety comes first in many areas of life, and when it comes to something as personal as the cell phone, precautionary measures do not hurt. Know and save the IMEI code of your cell phone .