How to add your own gif to instagram story.GIFs arrive on Instagram with Giphy.The GIF on Instagram has become a key element, without which this social network can no longer be beautiful. Among the reasons for its popularity and growing use, the following stand out:
How to add your own gif to instagram story
If you want to discover how to add a GIF on Instagram Stories, the first thing you have to know is that, thanks to the ‘Sticker’ function, this process has become really simple!
These are the steps to follow:
- Create a new story : To do this, you just have to click on the image of your own profile that is located in the upper left part of Instagram.
- Take or upload a photo or video : In order to insert GIFs on Instagram, you must first take or upload a photo or video from your gallery.
- Tap on the sticker icon : Once the photo or video has been chosen, click on the sitcker icon that you will see at the top.
- Select the GIF option on Instagram : From all the options that will be shown to you, select the GIF option . Keep in mind that this is on the first screen of the stickers.
- Find the GIF you want to use : Use the upper search bar to type the type of GIF you want to search, or add it from your gallery as you can see in the example made with iPhone.
- Select it and place it where you want : Choose the GIF you like the most and it will automatically be inserted into your photo or video. You can move it and resize it until it is as you want.
How to upload custom GIFs
Instagram Stories makes it really easy for us to bring our content to life thanks to its new features, but if you want to go one step further and upload personalized GIFs to Instagram, let’s see some more advanced tricks.
First of all, and although there are other options, here we tell you how to do it with Giphy:
- Create a brand account on Giphy .
- Upload your own custom GIFs to Giphy and add related hashtags.
- Find your personalized GIF on Instagram by typing the tags you have used in the search engine, and voila!
In addition to this option to customize your GIFs on Instagram from another platform, you can do very cool things from the application itself, such as:
- Combine the use of animated GIFs with your photos and videos Here, more than customizing GIFs for Instagram, it is about taking advantage of those that the application itself already brings us to give movement and a fun meaning to our stories. For example, something very useful is to use the moving arrows to call the action of clicking or sliding on our publication.
- Create animated texts from Instagram GIFs You can bring your texts to life by combining different tricks of playing with GIFs and backgrounds. For example, you select any Instagram GIF from the stories, widen it enough to cover the background, and save to the reel. Without having published anything on Instagram Stories, you return to the application and upload the GIF to Instagram as the background, and from there you can play painting on top; you press and hold the photo to apply a whole background to a single color, then with the eraser you write a text and, wow, you create a personalized GIF in the form of animated text.
Take note of more examples and tricks to create cool backgrounds and play with your texts in the post about super hacks to create stories on Instagram .
Customize GIFs from iPhone
[You may also want to read: How to Update Instagram ]
IOS devices have the particularity of being able to convert a video or several photos into a fully personalized GIF, without the need to resort to any other app or tool. For it:
- Take a photo with the “Live” option selected.
- In the gallery, swipe up the file.
- Choose between “Loop” and “Bounce.”
In this simple way, your photo will have been converted into a personalized GIF.
Now it’s your turn to take action and experiment with your most creative content on the social network of the moment. Would you share with us more ideas to personalize and upload GIFs to Instagram and bring stories to life?