The internet is an incredible tool for society, it allows us to carry out actions of all kinds just by being connected by means of a device that is compatible with the internet, from communicating through social networks with anyone on the planet, to carry out our studies through education platforms and even work on the internet and generate money.
All this is possible thanks to tools such as computers, smartphones and the internet, these have allowed us to evolve and these tools have also evolved with us.
Since about 20 years ago that they joined us, they have not stopped modernizing, bringing us today both applications and web browser services, including Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge browser
- Learn how to configure vertical tabs.
- How to hide and show the sidebar in Edge
- Move vertical tabs step by step
- How to disable vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge browser
- How to activate vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge?
- How to use the vertical tab bar in Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge browser
Microsoft Edge is a browser patented by Microsoft Windows, this is the successor to the great Internet Explorer, since before Edge, this was the browser that every Windows system had, it was the default, however, Microsoft wanted to put itself in the browser market and gave Internet Explorer a 180 ° turn, giving us a new version known as Microsoft Edge.
This browser was released with the new Windows system called Windows 10, for its users the creation of the new browser was good, since it has a very pleasant interface for the user and with new functions, among them we can find functions from using Cortana with the browser until you enable the high-performance GPU in Microsoft Edge.
From having the functions mentioned above as well as having the standard functions that every browser has such as its incognito mode, screen capture tools, an integrated administrator to save your passwords and even a secret menu, among all these stands out one in particular which It is the vertical tabs that this browser has, then we will explain how they are activated.
Learn how to configure vertical tabs.
These last options that Microsoft Edge has implemented in its platform are very functional and very helpful, because you have better access to all the tabs that you open in the browser, configure them in a very simple and easy procedure, you just have to go to the browser settings . To then select the “appearance” section, check that the vertical tabs button is activated, then go to the main Edge tab and in the upper left corner press the alternative “activate side tabs”There you will be able to see all the tabs that you have open, you can also anchor it by clicking on the anchor panel button.
How to hide and show the sidebar in Edge
Since you know how to configure and activate the side tabs of Microsoft Edge, it is time for you to know how to hide and show the sidebar of this browser, for this you must click on the rectangular button that is in the upper left, after this A column will appear with all the icons of the websites or pages that you have briefly opened, in order to view the title of each page, enter and close it will only be enough to move the cursor over the icon; to hide the sidebar you just have to press the rectangular icon again.
Move vertical tabs step by step
These new vertical Edge tabs can only be changed to be horizontal, this is a very simple procedure, you just have to follow the steps that we will give you below:
- Open your Edge browser.
- Press the “Tab Actions Menu” button located in the upper left corner.
- In the small menu that will open, click on the option “Deactivate vertical tabs”.
And voila, it will automatically change its place, and it will have gone from being vertical to horizontal.
How to disable vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge browser
Deactivating the vertical tabs is a very simple and simple procedure to do, you just have to access the Edge browser settings, once there you must press the button that is in the upper left, right next to “Settings” click on the alternative appearance, followed by this you must scroll down, you will find several controls, you just have to look for the alternative “side tabs” and click on deactivate.
How to activate vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge?
This is a very interesting function of the Microsoft Edge browser, with any browser if you open many tabs, it is difficult to know how they are located, since the more tabs are open, the smaller they become, with Microsoft Edge we have a function and that is that we can make these tabs are vertical and do not oversaturate that area of the browser, allowing you to see everything better, you can activate them like this:
- Within our Microsoft Edge browser we will go to the options menuand enter the Settings section.
- Once in the Settings, among all the options we will see a called Appearance,we will enter there.
- In Appearance we will see all the options that we can do in the browser, such as changing its design, style and others, among these we will see the function of the vertical tabs button, we willactivate it and that’s it.
- In a case that this option does not appear available to you, it is because then you have outdated the browser,what we will do is update Microsoft Edge to its latest version and return to this configuration section.
And so in this way you can activate the vertical tabs of Microsoft Edge, this will be located on the left side of our browser, these tabs will be seen from top to bottom and we can see the full name of each of them, in addition this bar also It gives us the option to hide the bar to maintain the comfort and the aesthetic aspect of it while performing certain functions, so you can block it:
How to use the vertical tab bar in Microsoft Edge?
- Once the vertical tab bar is activated, in the upper left partof our browser we will see something new, it is a square icon, if we press it we will see that the vertical tab bar will display.
- In the form of iconswe will see the pages that we have open in Microsoft Edge.
- If we click on each of these, we can view the page,its title or even if we make a sustained click we can move them from place in the vertical tab bar.
- And just like the horizontal tab bar that we used to have, we can also anchor the pages that we usually look for, this to save time, above we will have an icon similar to a pushpin, in which we can anchor, also if we want to hide the tab bar,giving click again on the square icon we will hide it.