With the following guide you will learn how to activate the local group policy editor gpedit.msc in Windows 10 in case you cannot access this option of the Windows operating system.
What are local group policies?
Within the Windows operating system, we have the so-called “Group Policies. This feature first saw the light in Windows NT and, since then, has been present in virtually all operating systems from Microsoft.
Group policies are a set of rules responsible for managing and controlling aspects related to the system. On the other hand, local group policies represent a more basic option, since actions such as disabling user account control in Windows are part of a specific section of the system configuration.
In most circumstances, average users do not require access to local group policies. However, when faced with certain inconveniences or necessary maintenance in the system, this is an option that may be necessary .
In any case, many people have noticed that local group policies do not work in Windows 10, this problem is known. Fortunately, it can be easily solved. To activate the policy editor within Windows 10, read the following guide carefully.
How to activate the local group policy editor gpedit.msc in Windows 10
Users are provided with a basic Windows setup upon first installation , as well as various methods of accessing the options provided by gpedit.msc and other applications. However, if gpedit.msc does not appear on your system, you need to know a procedure to reactivate it.
Check if gpedit.msc works correctly in Windows 10
First of all, you should test if in fact the gpedit.msc application does not open. It may seem like a no-brainer, but many people don’t know how to access this useful Windows tool. Given this, try the default option to enter gpedit.msc.
- There are several ways to access local group policies in Windows 10. The easiest method is to open the “Run” tool. To do this, just press the Windows + R key combination .
- After the above, the application “Run” will appear on the screen. Similarly, a small dialog box will appear in which you will type the following “gpedit.msc”. Finally, press the “Accept” button.
Reactivate the local group policy editor in Windows 10
In the event that the gpedit.msc tool does not appear, then we recommend using the following method, with which you will gain access to this important function in Windows again.
- The first thing you should do is go to the following gpedit activator website. There, click on the “Download Now” option and wait until the download is finished.
- Once you have the file downloaded on your computer, unzip the Zip and right click on “gpedit-enabler.bat”. Then, click on the “Run as administrator” option . After this, the gpedit.msc installation process will begin.
- Once the process is complete, you can use the gpedit.msc tool without major inconvenience.
- Restart your computer, since in many cases it is necessary for the settings that we made before to apply.
Activate the local security policy editor in Windows 10
Many confuse local group policies with local security policies . First of all, you should keep in mind that they are two different things. Given this, in case you want to access the local security policies, the process follows.
- Enter the “Local Security Policies.” To do this, go to the start and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Windows control panel, you should look for the option “Administrative Tools”. In the event that you cannot find this option, you can use the search engine above and to the right.
- After opening the administrative tools options , a new folder will open. Here you should look for “Local Security Policy”. If you want to keep the changes you have made, you can lock the Windows settings . Therefore, other users who access your computer will not be able to make changes to the system.