In Facebook Live broadcasts , the first thing you have to know is that no one will spend a long time watching a live stream that does not load correctly and offers pixelated images on the screen.
Then, it is convenient to know what is the ideal Internet speed to transmit live videos at HD quality . You will find this information in the following paragraphs.
But this is not all, you should also consider that users always demand a better quality in the transmissions , so we will teach you how to activate HD in your Facebook Live streams quickly .
Learn step by step how to activate HD quality in your Facebook Live streaming videos on any device
Technological advances have accustomed Internet users to obtain the most advanced audiovisual content, examples of which are videos and live broadcasts in High Definition quality. This is because such high definition creates a better user experience by giving you images that are increasingly sharp and realistic. Facebook understands this trend and user demands so, among other things, it allows streaming in HD quickly and easily.
But you must bear in mind that the basic quality to which the social network refers is 720p at 30 fps so that there are no cuts or interruptions in the live. This is a valid advantage if your Internet connection is not as fast as you would like. However, if you want to broadcast in FHD 1080p at 60 fps, for example, you need to belong to Facebook’s Level Up program . This program is exclusive to online game video creators in some countries .
Recommended for you:
How to put double spacing in Microsoft Word? Step by step guide
This partner program helps you monetize your live streams, earn stars, and have a badge, among other things. If you take advantage of it, you connect faster with your audience and, therefore, the Fan Page will grow. Among the requirements to participate in the program is to be of legal age and have 100 followers on the Fan Page . If you want to know the other requirements, you will have to see the complete list in the URL https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/creators/levelup?locale=es_LA.
Therefore, starting at 1080p is what FB considers HD streaming . This being the case, it is necessary to learn to activate HD quality (referred to by Facebook) in the videos that will be broadcast on FB Live. The best of all is that it is not complicated at all, you can do it quickly from a tablet, a smartphone or from a computer with any operating system.
For this, it will be necessary to use an external tool, such as Live Producer (a platform for professional streaming) and have the expected results. You can also use XSplit, or you can learn how to do it in OBS or Streamlabs . Therefore, we will show you below the step by step that you should do on different devices.
Let’s see below:
From an Android mobile you will have to do this process:
- The first thing is to search the Play Store for the Streamlabs app, download it and install it.
Streamlabs: Stream live on Twitch and Youtube
Developer: Stream labs
Then you log into Streamlabs with your Facebook account . That is, you will have to click on the “Login with Facebook” button .
- Next, you will have to write the URL and the key of the streamthat you have previously taken from the panel in Live Producer in “Start transmission” and “Connect” .
- After this you can see a previewin the tool from your mobile, even if you have not started the broadcast yet.
- Then hit the menu in the upper left corner.
- Among the options select “Settings”and then choose the “Broadcast” tool .
- Now choose “Output resolution”and choose the resolution in 720p or
- You can also modify the fps in “Expected framerate”setting 30 or 60 fps, depending on what you want.
- Start the broadcast on FBas you would normally and you will see that the HD function will be activated.
Recommended for you:
How to disable Windows 7 visual enhancements to improve PC performance? Step by step guide
When deciding the resolution and fps level of the broadcast, several factors must be taken into account. Among them is the upload speed you have and also the resolution that your mobile supports . These conditions will be detected automatically by the stream program.
“UPDATED ✅ Do you want to broadcast in HD quality from Facebook Live? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything FROM SCRATCH ⭐”
Meanwhile, on iPhone devices the procedure is the same as on Android. To use Streamlabs, for example, you will need IOS 11.0 or later. This can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store. In case you want to use XSplit, you will have to download it from the store.
Streamlabs: Live Streaming App
Price: Free +
Camera for OBS Studio
Developer: Loft Labs Interactive Inc
Price: € 17.99
Perform the following steps:
- Open the menu located on the right side of the screen.
- Go to the “Issue”option .
- Select “Add channel …”.
- When the “Broadcast Plugin Store”screen opens , select “Facebook . “
- Then click on “Install”.
- Add your Facebook profile on the “Channel Setup Wizard”screen and click on “OK” .
- The social network will ask you if you really want to authorize XSplit to transmit the video, so you will have to click on “Authorize”.
- Then click on “Next”.
- After a few minutesa new window will open in which you will have to choose the type of resolution and the type of hardware you want to use. When you finish, click on “Finish” .
- When you want to broadcast live you will have to go to the menu option “Broadcast”and choose the name of the channel you just created.
In the computer
Remember that to be affiliated with the Level UP program it is mandatory to have a label on your “Game Video Creator” page . In addition to this, you must use an encryption platform (whether paid or free), as is the case with mobile operating systems. But from the computer it is simpler to configure the HD quality.
Recommended for you:
Viral Content What is it, what is it for and how to get it?
See how to select high definition step by step using OBS:
- Head over to Facebook and log in.
- You must also log into the transmission platform of your choice, in this case it will be OBS. Enter https://obsproject.com/esand download the program according to your operating system.
- Now go to the “Start Streaming”tool on your Fan Page and then click on “Connect”.
- In this section you will get the URL and key of the streamthat you are going to have to place in OBS.
- Once your FB and OBS are linked, head over to “Settings”in the gear at the bottom.
- In the “Video” sectionyou can choose the output resolution or “Output” .
- Choose one of the 1280 x 720por 1920 x 1080p options .
- After this you can “Start transmission” with the security that you will transmit High Definition.
Your live stream preview in 1080p may not look as good, however viewers will be able to see it in higher HD. An icon in the shape of a gear should appear in the right corner of your FB broadcast. It is there where you can also modify the resolution during the video, in addition to this it will also indicate if the HD quality is activated.
What is the ideal internet speed to stream live video at HD quality?
You already know where to go to put high definition in your live streams, but this is not enough for you to meet your goal in a satisfactory way. Now what you will have to look at is the bandwidth and the browsing speed . But why is upload or upload speed important to consider? Along with the frames per second or the resolution, this is an indispensable factor. The upload speed of your network is what enables or prevents you from having good quality live broadcasts.
Due to this, for a resolution of 1280 x 720p the minimum you will need is 2.5 to 5 Mbps of upload . Of course, this is the extreme limit. It can vary depending on many factors. For example, the type of content that you transmit, video games, tutorials or just live talks. On the other hand, if you take this to what Zuckerberg’s social network now considers “HD” (which is actually FHD) you should stream in 1080p . This is a pretty good video quality and at 60 fps it will be excellent.
Recommended for you:
How to silence all program notifications in Windows 7 from scratch? Step by step guide
However, for this you have to reach between 5 to 8 Mbps , or more if you do not want to lose your followers due to cuts and interruptions in the transmission. Especially when it comes to game videos it is wise to pre-test live ones . Although the same detects what is the load bandwidth that you have contracted. If you go over that limit, you are unlikely to get decent Lives . Go immediately to do your tests and activate HD quality in your FB Live streaming.