In case you did not know, the proximity sensor is not the only one that you can activate on your mobile , the gyroscope is also a sensor, which is included in mobile phones. Its main function is to more efficiently detect the movements that are made.
It is technology, it has begun to be implemented in current mobile phone models , which also allow the phone the power to detect the position in which they are, therefore they can also have a measurement of the displacement that they themselves they experience.
An ideal tool , when it comes to showing the speed of rotation to which they are subjected. This technology is a cross between an oscilloscope and an accelerometer.
Therefore it allows the terminal to register the plane in which it is. We know that this may sound a bit strange or complicated to you, but it is also the same technology used in virtual reality fields or also known as augmented reality, however there are small differences between both definitions .
It is this type of technology that allows users to enjoy various immersive experiences in multiple virtual reality mobile games , and even the viewing of videos on YouTube with VR glasses or on your Android mobile using a special application for it .
However, this is something that is not available for all models. Since it requires various steps for its maintenance, in order not to lose its proper functioning.
In this post we want to give you all the necessary steps so that you can activate or configure the gyroscope of your mobile device.
Steps to enable / disable the gyroscope
Among the solutions that exist for this task, it is important that you know that they may vary between mobile phone models. However, there is a method that is valid for the majority of smartphones and it is the one that we will show you below.
- Start by heading to the phone settings. Once inside, you must enter the option ” My devices “.
- Within the option, it is important that you locate the movements section. You may find it under different names such as: ” Movements and gestures ” or also as ” Movements “. Once you find this option, you just have to press it and in this way you will access it.
- Once inside you must start the gyroscope calibration task. This is because as the gyroscope is permanently active, it is important to do this, to keep it in optimal condition.
- The system itself will indicate, step by step, the most efficient way with which you can calibrate this option without losing your patience.
Likewise, it is possible that during the activation or calibration, you will not find the options right away, if not quite the opposite, it is within the ” Advanced Settings ” button .
How do I install and calibrate the gyroscope if my device doesn’t have this option?
If your mobile device does not offer any type of support for this function , you do not have to worry, since there is a solution. Here we will leave you a step by step to be able to install and calibrate the gyroscope inside your device:
- To begin you must create a plain text document (.txt) inside your PC to which you will put the name of: “android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope.xml” (without the quotes). After that, inside you will place the following:
<? xml version = »1.0? encoding = »utf-8 ??>
<feature name = »android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope» />
- Now it remains for you to connect your phone to your PC, this must be done through a USB cable . When you see the option to use it, press the mass storage option.
- Now, take the file you just created and proceed to copy and paste it in the following path “system / etc / permissions”.
- Once the previous step has been carried out, it will only remain that you proceed to disconnect your mobile from your computer and proceed to find the file. Once you find it, proceed to open the file.
- Enter the ” Octal ” section and write inside it ” rw-rr- “, also entering the number 644 . If you cannot do this, you must give the file the ” Write ” permissions . And repeat the process.