The telephone is an essential communication tool in today’s society, to communicate with people from different places. Thanks (jointly) to the constant evolution of the internet, which has allowed us to maintain contact with people around the world .
How to Activate an Inactive Chip or SIM Card? – Step by Step Guide
However, when the internet does not work, it is important to be able to maintain alternate lines of communication. In these cases, the main means of communication has been used for many years: the services offered by a telephone company through the SIM card.
What is it?
They are removable cards or chips . They have not only been used in mobile phones, but also in tablets, modems and other types of devices that can use the company’s signal.
What is the SIM card for?
The main objective that seeks fulfilled through this tool, secure storage of information for a user to use a specific network of dat you mobile . Through this small device, you will access text messaging services, telephone calls and a 2G, 3G, 4G or 5G data network.
For some years, many phone models have implemented slots to store two types of SIM card, which may belong to different phone companies.
Its correct operation will depend on the compatibility of your mobile phone with respect to the bands used in your country, which is a detail to take into consideration when buying a new phone.
SIM card types
The first presentation of this type of chips or cards took place in the 90’s, maintaining a size similar to that of any debit or credit card … yes, quite large when compared to current sizes. Among the different types of SIM card , there are:
- SIM : This type of card was referred to above. In its first presentation, it had a size 85.60 mm long and 53.98 wide.
- MiniSIM : This type of card made its appearance in 1996 and its measurements were significantly reduced: 25 mm long and 15 mm wide with storage capacities between 2, 16 and 32 KB.
- MicroSIM : It has been one of the ones that has set the most trends. It was presented in 2003 and has been one of the most used throughout all these years. Its measurements were also smaller than that of its predecessor, being 15 mm long and 12 wide, in addition, its storage capacity was expanded to a minimum of 32 and a maximum of 128 KB.
- NanoSIM : SIM cards took up fewer spaces in 2013 with the launch of the iPhone 5. It measures 12.30 mm long and 8.80 mm wide and 128 KB of storage. While it saves space in the phone insert tray, the downside is that it is extremely easy to lose.
SIM card suspension
When purchasing a recent chip or SIM card, the telephone company could take care of its activation or leave precise instructions for this procedure. However, after some time, either for travel reasons, a certain period of non-use or absence in the payment of telephone plans, the card could be suspended or inactive .
How to reactivate a Chip or SIM card
To reactivate and enjoy the services offered by the telephone company through the SIM card, you can follow some simple and short steps to do so. To get started:
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Remove the battery (if necessary).
- Insert the SIM card.
- Turn on your phone.
- Make a call.
This may vary depending on the phone company from which you purchased the SIM card. In some cases, there is a specific company number to call to go through a data verification and line activation process.
In other cases, it is necessary to enter the company’s website to start the process of reactivating the line that, for whatever reason, remained inactive for a certain time.