As you are probably aware, the Battle Royale game Fortnite has been the strongest shining star in the gaming sky for a long time. But how many people actually play Fortnite today? And how has the number of players developed over time? In this article we give you the answer.
GET CASINO DEALS
FORTNITE – A SUCCESS SINCE ITS INCEPTION
It was at the end of September 2017 that the game developer Epic Games launched the now cult game Fortnite. A game based on the popular Battle Royale format that proved to be a success for predecessors such as PlayerUnknown’s Battleground, also known as PUBG.
And of course it was a success for Fortnite as well. Already in the first day, sources such as Gamespot reported that as many as 1 million players tried Fortnite. Shortly afterwards, more specifically on October 8, 2017, it was reported that the number of players reached 3.7 million. At most, over half a million people played in the same day.
Two weeks after the launch, another milestone had been reached. At that time, more than 10 million players had registered and tried out the game. Since then, the number of Fortnite players has continued to increase at a furious pace. As an example, in June 2018, 125 million players had passed.
HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY FORTNITE TODAY?
There is no question that Fortnite has been a success since its inception. But what does it really look like today when other similar titles like Apex Legends were introduced? Are there still as many people playing Fortnite?
The short answer to this is yes. At least if we are to believe in those who control and set up the game developer Epic Games. The company’s CEO, Tim Sweeney, made a statement in March 2019, in which he stated that he had managed to reach 250 million players. That is, a doubling since June 2018.
The statement from Sweeney is the latest we have heard about the number of registered Fortnite players. If we assume that the user base has continued to increase at the same rate as before, then this figure should have increased by a few more million until today.
Update [October 2019]
No official figures have been published since March. In many places, however, there has been speculation that it may not be the case that Fortnite will soon reach 300 million players. Not least considering the recent launch of Chapter 2 of the Fortnite saga . If not, it might happen during the first quarter of 2020. We will be following developments closely and will of course update you when some official player figures are published!
OTHER FUN STATS
Below you will find additional statistics regarding Fortnite and their players:
The highest number of active players in a month – 78.3 million (August 2018)
– 63% of those who play Fortnite on iOS devices are between 18-24 years old. 23% are between 25–34 years old.
– 46% of those who play Fortnite on desktop are between 18-24 years old. 30% are between 25–34 years old.
– 53% of all Fortnite players (across all platforms) are between 10 and 25 years old.
– The average playing time per week is between 6-10 hours.
– In total, Fortnite players spent 2.7 billion hours on the game between May and June 2018.
– Fortnite passed 100 million downloads on iOS devices within 5 months of launch.
– Half of the 22 million Nintendo Switch owners have downloaded Fortnite.
– In May 2018, 8.9 billion minutes were streamed by Fortnite on the platform Twitch.