How is registration and password change performed in Imwu.
- How to register?
- Email verification
- Client installation
- Client options
- How do I change my password?
- If you forgot or lost your credentials….
- Deleting an account
- Related Videos
IMVU (full name – Instant Messaging Virtual Universe) is a life simulator game with its own social network. Has its own official website (imvu.com) and a PC game client. It was first presented on the Web on April 15, 2004, and is distributed free of charge. It is very popular: over 100 million people play at IMVU, its web portal receives about 10 million unique visitors per month. Game participants use 3D avatars to chat, meet new people from all over the world, and participate in mini-games.
Plus, in the amazing online space of this project, virtual heroes are completely subject to the realities of life. In IMVU you can get married / get married, adopt children, flirt, make romantic acquaintances. And also change, improve the image of your avatar: buy, create clothes, shoes for him; ladies are provided with a wide variety of makeup options. Outfits for your hero can be bought in “local” boutiques, as well as from other players (inveterate fashionistas and fashionistas).
The secret of the IMLM’s mega-popularity is unlimited communication in an exciting game form. Dear reader, we invite you to take a closer look at this amazing game.
How to register?
Method number 1: standard version
- In the address bar of your browser, type – imvu.com, and then press the “ENTER” key.
- Click on the “Choose Your Free Avatar” button.
- On the page that opens, select your hero or heroine: in the “Female” or “Male” panel, click the portrait you like (the 3D avatar will immediately appear full-length in the middle of the page).
- In the form under the panels of portraits, in the line “… avatar name” enter the name of your hero (you can then use it as a login for authorization in the game).
Attention! If the message “Taken! Try one of these “, it means that the name you specified is already being used by someone, and you need to enter another variant or uniqueize the one already specified in the line (add a word, letters to the name). You can also use the logins generated by the service, displayed in the additional panel. They are compiled based on the username.
- Come up with a complex password of at least 8 characters, consisting of lowercase and uppercase letters of the English alphabet, numbers and special characters (№:%; (*?). Then enter it in the next two form fields (“Create …” and “Confirm … “).
Attention! Make sure that you have correctly compiled and typed your credentials. In the lines of the form, respectively, there should appear a green “check mark” (near the login) and the words “Good” and “Confirmed” in the lines with the password.
- Provide your mailbox address in full format.
- In the drop-down lists of the “Date of Birth” block, set your date of birth – month / day / year.
- Click the box next to the words “I am not a robot.”
- Perform the verification test: click on the pictures indicated in the question. Click the Skip button.
- Check the box next to the “Yes, I want to get …” line.
- Click the “Create IMVU Account” button.
Method number 2: through a social network account
- On the main page of the game’s off-site, above the “Choose …” button, use the “left” and “right” arrows to scroll through the list of available social networks.
- Click the icon of the social network that you want to use for registration.
- Log in to the social network profile (the form will open in an additional window).
- In the message with the request, allow the game service to access the personal page data (for example, on Twitter, click the “Authorize” command).
- In the registration form, enter your e-mail, date of birth and click the “Create …” link.
- After completing the creation of the profile, go to your mail (which was used in the form).
- Open the email from IMVU.
- In the text, follow the link “Confirm My Address”.
- Upon completion of verification, the message “Email Verified Successfully” will appear.
- When you first enter the game profile, you will be prompted to install the game. Click the “Download” link to start downloading the distribution kit to your computer.
Note. You can also go to the download page through the “Download” section in the top menu of the site.
- When the download is complete, run the installer.
- Wait until the download of the client is completed (it will take about 1-3 minutes).
- Click “Install” in the installer window.
- After the installation is complete, in the panel that opens, type in the first line the email or the name of the avatar, and in the second – the password. Click “Login” to enter the game.
If you registered through the social network, respectively, click the icon of the service used at the top of the authorization panel.
The main control panel is located at the top right:
- Portrait and name– avatar panel (personal data, statistics);
- … Credits– the amount of game currency on the profile account;
- Settings– account settings;
- Help– help department;
- Sign Out– log out of your account.
How do I change my password?
Changing the password in Imva is performed as follows:
1. Log in to the site using your username.
- In the “header” of the page, click the “Account” link.
- In the “Account Tools” block, click on the “Change password” link.
- In the form that opens, enter the current password and a new one twice.
- Click the window in the “I’m not a robot” block (so that a green “bird” appears).
- Click the “Change …” command.
If you forgot or lost your credentials….
- Go to the authorization panel: click on the main “Member Login”.
- if you forgot or lost your username, click the link “Forgot avatar / email?”;
- if the password is “Forgot password?”
- Follow the prompts of the service to restore access to your personal profile.
Deleting an account
To delete your account, follow this guide:
- Log in to the game site.
- Open a new tab in your web browser.
- Paste in the address bar – http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_delete_account.php. Press “ENTER”.
- Enter the password to enter the profile.
- Click “Continue”.
- Follow the site’s instructions to complete the deletion of your account.
Enjoy your time and socializing at IMVU!