Even Instagram, along the lines of Facebook, Messenger and WhatsApp, allows you to view the time when users connected for the last time. The function, active by default for any type of account. It is currently only available through the mobile app, while it is not present in the web version.
Haven’t you been able to find it yet? Don’t worry: below we will explain how to see the last login on Instagram , in a simple and clear way. Also, if you are not happy that others see this information, we will also offer you the solution to hide it.
- How do I see the last login on Instagram
- What is the time displayed under the users?
- Why can’t I see the last login of all users?
- How to remove the last login on Instagram
- Is it normal if I no longer see my contacts’ last login?
- Can I see the last login on Instagram even if it is hidden?
How do I see last login on Instagram
Instagram allows you to see the last access of users with whom you have exchanged a message in private or have mentioned you in a Story. So, to view the last time your contacts connected, simply go to the “Direct” section and read what is reported next to each of them:
- Active Now: The user is online.
- Active X minutes ago: The user is currently offline, but logged into Instagram a few minutes earlier.
- Active X ago: this means that the contact in question has not connected for a few hours.
- Active / as of today: the user has not been active for about 4 or 5 hours, but has logged in at least once during the day.
- Active yesterday: The last time the user was online was yesterday.
Here are the steps to take to go to “Direct” and thus view the last access on Instagram of your contacts:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the paper plane icon in the top right.
- Swipe from right to left to access the “Direct” section.
- Scroll through the list of contacts who have sent you a message privately or who have mentioned you in a Story until you find the desired user (the last accessed appears under the contact name).
Alternatively, you can be able to find out the users’ last login even if you make an Instagram Story :
- Open Instagram.
- Tap “+” at the top left of your photo.
- Customize the story to your liking and tap on “Send to”.
- In the new screen that opens you can view the last access of the contacts labeled as “Suggested” or “Recent”
Note : also in this case the same principle applies as above, that is that you can only see the activity status of the contacts with whom you have exchanged a message in “Direct” or have mentioned you in a Story.
What is the time displayed under the users?
Corresponds to the last time they logged into Instagram , regardless of whether or not they used the “Direct” section.
Why can’t I see the last login of all users?
It may happen that for some contacts the last access is not shown. Instagram , in fact, does not show the activity status of those users who have not connected for more than two days on the social network. In place of the Active entry, you will see the last message you exchanged with him and the time that has passed since then.
Read also : How not to be online on Facebook
How to remove the last login on Instagram
Not everyone likes that other people can control what they do or don’t do on social media. All the more so if it is sensitive data like the last time they connected. Fortunately, however, from this point of view Instagram offers maximum freedom of choice to its users.
Here’s how you can hide the last login on Instagram :
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the little man icon at the bottom right to access the profile settings screen.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right and select “Settings”.
- Select the “Privacy” option.
- Go to “Status of activity”.
- Move the lever from ON to OFF (from right to left) next to the item “Show activity status”.
The procedure described above is valid for Android smartphones.
If you have an iPhone , however, here are the exact steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the little man icon at the bottom right to enter the “Profile” area.
- Tap the gear wheel to access the “Options” screen.
- Scroll down and move the toggle next to “Show activity status” from ON to OFF (right to left).
On the same topic : How to hide online status and last access on Telegram
Is it normal if I no longer see my contacts’ last login?
Yes . If you decide to disable your activity status, you will lose the ability to see that of your contacts in “Direct”. However, you can always retrace your steps and reactivate the “Show activity status” option by moving the lever from OFF to ON (from left to right).
Can I see the last login on Instagram even if it is hidden?
The answer is no , you cannot view the users’ last access if they have disabled the “Show activity status” function from their Instagram profile settings.
With a little trick, however, you could go back to viewing the last time you connected the contacts with whom you had a private conversation even after disabling the activity status .
The “trick” – let’s call it that – is to create a new account , through which you will then have to send a message in “Direct” to that particular user whose last access you want to know on Instagram.
To do this, please note that both of the conditions listed below must be met :
- The “Show activity status” function must be active both on your second account and on the profile of the user to whom you have sent a private message.
- The user has to reply to your first message in order to start a real conversation. Only after you have received his reply will you begin to view the last login.
Our guide on how to see the last login on Instagram ends here. Do you know any other ingenious methods to visualize it? And now that you know the activity status hiding feature, do you plan to use it on your account as well? As always, we are happy if you will share your experience with us by leaving a comment below the article.