Satellite navigation and geolocation systems make life easier for people by allowing them to find a specific location in real time with great precision. One of the best known is GPS, however, Galileo has gained popularity in recent years, so you may be wondering: Does Galileo have my mobile phone? . In Viatea we tell you how to find out.
Is my mobile compatible with Galileo?
Galileo is a satellite navigation system created by the European Union (EU), which offers a precise location to all users. Galileo-compatible devices use the European satellite network, in order to obtain their own navigation system without depending on GPS and GLONASS.
The Galileo project began in 2011 and since then, more than 2,000 million mobile phones compatible with this technology have been sold . Galileo geolocation is not available only on mobiles, as the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 5G desktop processor is also supported.
One of the first mobile brands to use Galileo was BQ, since its main objective was to have a 100% European mobile. The main manufacturing companies such as Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi and Huawei have also used this technology in their devices.
The list of mobile phones compatible with Galileo has grown in recent years, being included in thousands of next-generation mobiles. The number of models that use this technology is very wide, however, the following stand out:
- Samsung: Galaxy Fold, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 + 5G.
- Apple: iPhone XS and XS Max, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone SE 2nd generation.
- Xiaomi: Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra, Mi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 10 5G, Redmi K40 Pro +.
- Huawei: P40 Pro and P40 Lite 5G, Nova 8 Pro 5G, Mate 40, 40 Pro and 40 Pro +.
- Google: Almost all Pixel phones, from the Pixel 2 to the Pixel 5.